ACP Section

Started by DarkLite, February 16, 2010, 03:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkLite

Now since this is going to be a fairly large mod, plus the standalone option, I decided to suggest something that occurred to me when viewing screenies just now:

IMO, SimpleDesk should have a separate ACP section. From the image here, it looks like SimpleDesk is integrated into Configuration. But I think that (like SimplePortal) it should have an ACP tab to itself for administrating it.

Thoughts?

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

This has been dicussed by the team, and I personally feel it would be good to have a custom tab for it, though not sure it's needed with the limited amount of settings there actually are (yet, at least).

DarkLite

Quote from: Nas on February 16, 2010, 03:34:36 PM
This has been dicussed by the team, and I personally feel it would be good to have a custom tab for it, though not sure it's needed with the limited amount of settings there actually are (yet, at least).

It may seem like a small amount to the devs, but it's got more tabs than any other Configuration menu there is  :P

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

Yeah, on that screen shot it does, but three of those tabs have since been removed, since they were mostly placeholders created before we even knew how the core modification would work. :P

DarkLite

Quote from: Nas on February 16, 2010, 03:37:59 PM
Yeah, on that screen shot it does, but three of those tabs have since been removed, since they were mostly placeholders created before we even knew how the core modification would work. :P

Ugh, changing things? That's not what you're supposed to do! :P

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

Oh yes we are, I'm just about to replace everything we've shown you so far with copies of vBulleting layouts. Like the sound of that, eh? ;D

DarkLite

Quote from: Nas on February 16, 2010, 03:43:44 PM
Oh yes we are, I'm just about to replace everything we've shown you so far with copies of vBulleting layouts. Like the sound of that, eh? ;D

As long as we get that hilarious Global Ignore feature it's fine by me  ;)

Gruffen

Yes, I removed the placeholders.

Standalone mode means shutting down the forum. My plan - though I haven't implemented it yet - is to actually shut down parts of the ACP too, for example the boards menu, as well as other stuff that just isn't related to a helpdesk. No need for a separate ACP, means less code to write, less to maintain and less to break.