SimpleDesk main window

Started by Road Rash, April 07, 2010, 12:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Road Rash

extends into the boxes to the right of the window. RC3 Curve

tfs

I've seen that issue discussed by the dev team, though I'm not sure what will become of it.  With the large number of columns being displayed there's got to be an expectation of a minimum width, though what that may end up being I'm not sure.  I know that the idea of reducing the font size was frowned upon.

Thanks for the feedback!
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Road Rash

I got it to fit but had to reduce the font size in IE from medium (which is readable) to smaller (which is a strain)
The other alternative would be to not show TinyPortal block in Help Desk and I don't think that is possible if they show in forum.

tfs

Displaying left or right side blocks is going to be a real stretch on the helpdesk screen.

I'm not familiar with TinyPortal, but I know that SimplePortal has options for suppressing display of a block based on the URL.  I'm doing it on one of my test forums where I've put "-~action|helpdesk" in the Custom Display Options, and it won't show the block on the helpdesk screen.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Gruffen

Yeah, that is indeed the problem: there is a set amount of space required by the tables and it'll force its way out of the theme rather than wrap the text (which is just as bad)

Thing is, though, making the title smaller doesn't really solve any problems. What I think we need to do for 1.1 is sit down and talk to all the portal folks and see if there's a way the portal blocks can be disabled while inside the helpdesk. Eliana did give me a heads-up for SimplePortal a bit back, and I think I need to sit down and experiment with this at some point soon.

tfs

Feel free to test with one of those test forums we were using before.  They both have SimplePortal 2.3.2 installed.  Shake em, break em, doesn't matter.  I can reinstall and have them back up in short order.