Drafts Support Needed: Delete Not Deleting

Started by mabley, December 29, 2010, 05:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mabley

Greetings! Thank you for the fantastic Drafts mod! We can't wait to get it moving with our general population.  However, in testing we've encountered a problem.

I can't delete drafts.
• I can't delete them from Profile > Profile Info > Show Drafts
• I can't delete them in the post view.

I check the box, click Delete Drafts, it asks me if I'm sure, I say yes, then it takes me to my Profile summary.

I wonder what's up?

QuotePowered by SMF 2.0 RC4 | SMF © 2006–2010, Simple Machines LLC
SimplePortal 2.3.2 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal
DarkBreak by DzinerStudio

Please let me know what I might be doing wrong.  Thanks again!

chilly

1. wrong board?
2. anything in your error log?
3. drafts was made for rc3. did everything work fine with that version?
got a cookie for me?

mabley

Thanks chilly!

1. Do you mean that drafts can only be deleted when viewing the board where they were meant to go?

2. I don't see anything in the error log relating/correlating to this error.

3. I do not have access to a forum running RC3.

chilly

Quote from: mabley on December 29, 2010, 05:44:28 PM
1. Do you mean that drafts can only be deleted when viewing the board where they were meant to go?
nope... I'm speaking about this -> http://www.simpledesk.net/community/small-official-mod-support/
Quote from: mabley on December 29, 2010, 05:44:28 PM
2. I don't see anything in the error log relating/correlating to this error.
3. I do not have access to a forum running RC3.
As drafts was written for that.. install a RC3 Forum and test it there Oo
got a cookie for me?

mabley

Okay, then perhaps a moderator will move this topic to the appropriate location.  That'd be nice. :)

I guess I asked because sometimes the differences between two close versions are little enough that mods only require the teeniest of tweaking to make compatible.  I saw on the SMF Community Support forum topic (which is now locked) that another user was able to emulate back to RC3 to run the mod successfully on RC4.  This is what I did but did not have the same success.

If there's more detailed help anyone's willing to offer, that'd be great.  If not, oh well.  Thanks anyway!

Gruffen

Was the draft a reply to an existing topic? Is the topic itself now deleted? If the answer to both of these questions is yes, congratulations, you've found one of the myriad bugs in the mod.

mabley

Quote from: Gruffen on December 29, 2010, 06:47:41 PM
Was the draft a reply to an existing topic? Is the topic itself now deleted? If the answer to both of these questions is yes, congratulations, you've found one of the myriad bugs in the mod.

I double-checked! Nope!

The drafts in question are to a few different topics, all intact.  One was begun by me, the others by other accounts.

Gruffen

live627

Quotedrafts was made for rc3
And? The mod should also work in RC4 since the underlying structure for topics/boards has not changed (significantly, if at all)

btcomp

I don't know if this is the right place, for this. So let me know. This is in reference to the Save Drafts Modification of Simple Machines Forum. I have installed on my forum, like it. I did increase the auto-save from 30 seconds to 120 seconds, because I was having trouble uploading images, that were large, take up to 1.5 minutes to upload. I am wondering if it is possible to disable auto save once the 'Post' button is pressed? I am thinking that the auto-save which runs even when posting is interfering with the upload?