Topic solved
This topic is marked as solved and as such require no attention unless you want to bump this issue.

Installed, but not on the menu line

Started by RogerJP, December 13, 2013, 08:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RogerJP

First post here (have a few in SMF - and maybe I should head there with this?)

Host is GoDaddy Windows.  Have been working on there successfully with SMF for a while.  I want to use SimpleDesk, so to learn about it prior to installing it in anger, I put a vanilla installation of SMF on (in a new directory), which installed fine.

In said vanilla installation, I went to SMF Admin, Package Manager, Download Packages.  In the "Download by URL", entered the path to http://www.simpledesk.net/download/files/2.0/simpledesk-2.0-anatidae.zip?key=16 and clicked Download.  T'was successful - with the message
QuoteThe package has been uploaded successfully
SimpleDesk - Integrated Helpdesk for Simple Machines Forum

So I clicked "Install Mod".  Read the licencxe, ticked both "Core Theme" and "Extract Tree" - then clicked "Install Now".  It went away and then, briefly, congratulated me on a successful installation.
The package was installed successfully. You should now be able to use whatever functionality it adds or changes; or not be able to use functionality it removes.
whereupon it redirected me to   » Administration Center » Core Features

By clicking "Admin, Packages, Installed Packages", I can confirm that it claims that SimpleDesk - Integrated Helpdesk for Simple Machines Forum v2.0 is installed.

HOWEVER - now I am stuck!  All the examples in here seem to show the row of buttons
QuoteMain, Configuration, Forum, Members, Maintenance, and SimpleDesk
.  Mine does not show SimpleDesk - stops at Maintenance.

What step did I miss, please?

tfs

At the Core Features screen you may still need to "turn on" SimpleDesk.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

RogerJP

Yup - thanks that was it.

I cannot mark topic as "solved", presumably because I've made too few posts.  However, you're welcome so to do - solved it is.

tfs

A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.