Database Error

Started by kcmartz, July 06, 2013, 04:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kcmartz

I own a Minecraft server, and I have installed SimpleDesk for members to request staff assistance with something in-game or on-site. I successfully created a ticket, but when trying to view it, I get this:

Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation 'ifnull'
File: /home/smartz/public_html/minersr.us/Sources/sd_source/Subs-SimpleDesk.php
Line: 758

I have hid the menu item until this is fixed.

kcmartz

Just took a look at a similar topic, I cant change the collation for some reason.

kcmartz

Okay, I manually converted all the database collations to utf8_unicode_ci and still gives me the error, I cleared browser cache, tried in 3 browsers, and cleared site cache.

kcmartz

Even this:

SELECT CONCAT('ALTER TABLE `', t.`TABLE_SCHEMA`, '`.`', t.`TABLE_NAME`, '` CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;') as stmt
FROM `information_schema`.`TABLES` t
WHERE 1
AND t.`TABLE_SCHEMA` = 'database_name'
ORDER BY 1

Didn't work (I did change all the information for database_name to the correct name).

kcmartz

Ran this:

alter table <some_table> convert to character set utf8 collate utf8_unicode_ci;

Except for all helpdesk_ prefixes only. Now it works!

Please mark as solved, it gives me an error on this site (no text) on attempting to mark it so.

venguard223

Yeah, topic solved has been broken a while.

Also, note that any future mods will likely have this same problem as it's yet another flaw in the package manager in SMF, it should really be enforcing a collation.