Topic solved
This topic is marked as solved and as such require no attention unless you want to bump this issue.

Need Instillation on Mac help

Started by [FailSafe], April 05, 2010, 02:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gruffen

It sounds like you're seeing the same problem a number of other users have reported - 'successful installation' but no files changed.

* Arantor isn't sure how to fix that at present though, never happened to him before :(

[FailSafe]

Well is it a unique only to SimpleDesk, or should I do some research on it at SMF.org?

Gruffen

Have you been able to install any other mods or themes?

[FailSafe]

As I said before, the Spoiler mod got an error when trying to install. And I just tried Moderator vs. Moderator and that gave me an error too.

Gruffen

Hmm, that points to a problem within SMF itself, but one I've not seen enough of to be able to diagnose properly :(

[FailSafe]

Alright, well I still appreciate all of your help anyways. :)

I'll go on SMF.org and try to find out more about this.

ccbtimewiz

I've had this issue before. It is an issue with your server and notthe modification or the software in general.

Check your Forum Error Log for any "package flush" errors, or "still not writable" errors. If those exist, contact your hosting and tell them to run a chown over your directory to your user (or whatever SMF is using.._).

[FailSafe]

I contacted my host and now it successfully installed. Marking as solved. Thanks everyone. :)