Show your desktop

Started by ~DS~, April 20, 2011, 04:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~DS~

Desktop? It's old these days. :P

"I was given the wardrobe of a nobleman, and so I played the part, a puppet ever dancing for the amusement of patrons unseen. This wretched world does not reward endeavour. It is the patron and his troupe who are receipt, maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse. Most men but play the part they're given. Most live and die not knowing they play a part at all. But I am past all that now. I am their unwitting puppet no longer! No more! I will extract from them the price of their gluttonous feast! ~ Delita Heiral

Spoogs

I'm a boring minimalist

~DS~

Windows 7

Ubuntu 11.04

Mac OS X

Mac OS X by Dismal Shadow, on Flickr
"I was given the wardrobe of a nobleman, and so I played the part, a puppet ever dancing for the amusement of patrons unseen. This wretched world does not reward endeavour. It is the patron and his troupe who are receipt, maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse. Most men but play the part they're given. Most live and die not knowing they play a part at all. But I am past all that now. I am their unwitting puppet no longer! No more! I will extract from them the price of their gluttonous feast! ~ Delita Heiral

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

Meh.

Gruffen

I'm not even sure what's actually *on* my desktop, I see it so infrequently...

* Gruffen will have to minimise some windows and get back to you on that.

SleePy

Was Dragoon Age 2 worth it?  I found the original ok, but not something that keeps me playing it.
Jeremy D — Spare-Developer

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

I got the Signature Edition since I was a huge fan of the first one (Despite the buggy combat and laggy graphics). It was worth it for sure, not least because of the BioWare humor in it. :D The combat is epic but sometimes a little jumpy and sometimes a little too frequent (the "random encounters" from the first game are like all over the place here). The story feels much bigger and all in-all I really liked it the first time I played. I  tried replaying it with a new character but it really kind of felt the same even though I tried to choose differently during all the key moments. It was more replay-able than the first one, though.
Importing a save from Origins was a bit disappointing. The developers bragged a whole lot about it but your choices don't really make much difference in the end.

But in the end it was totally worth it. The banter between companions really makes up for everything else :P

Tah Zonemaster

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя I stole your background :P I hope u forgivez me

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

tfs

We need a new SimpleDesk desktop graphic.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

SleePy

Stealing desktops.. What has the world come to.  Oh wait.  I stole both of mine :D

Spoogs

who doesnt steal images these days :P

My ultra boring w7 pc, even more boring than my vista above

Oh yeah, SleePy, consider that 1st image stolen yet again... me likes ;D

SleePy

Go ahead and have it.  I got another one I use as my login screen which is cool as well :P
I borrowed them off 4chan when a epic wallpaper thread was active on /w/ (or was it /wg/?).  Haven't seen that good of a wallpaper thread since.

Attached my login window image as well.

I should mention that it is much easier to change the login window on macs :P Windows can do it, but it seems like they only designed it for OEMs (again they forget about their end user).

Spoogs

~DS~