News:

Loving SimpleDesk? Help us spread the word!

Main Menu

What will SimpleDesk 1.0 feature?

Started by Gruffen, January 09, 2010, 07:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

Quote from: Achilles on January 16, 2010, 02:32:29 PM
Lastly, I am not hurrying you up or anything when is the subjected date for the release? :)

We do not yet have any public release date set. But keep your eyes out for updates. :)

Achilles

Quote from: Bᵃ on January 16, 2010, 02:34:17 PM
Yes, the upgrade to SMF 2.0 will preserve all of your forum data. Themes and mods will probably need to be reinstalled with 2.0 versions, though.

B

Thank you very much!

Gruffen

To sum up...

HD-only mode basically turns SMF+SD into a helpdesk, hiding all the boards, topics, and everything else; it just appears to be a helpdesk then. But it's a helpdesk that can leverage all of the bridges to other systems.

Compatibility is intended for 2.0 RC2+ only. Was one of the first questions the dev team asked itself - and answered - supporting two different sets of code is hard enough normally, but given that it would have to be a series of rewrites in order to work on 1.1.x as well as 2.0, we reasoned that running with 2.0 was a better route for us in the longer term.

Release date is when it's ready. The dev team have a roadmap in mind and we've talked about provisional dates for release to beta testing as well as provisional public release dates however we'd rather get you all a version 1.0 that is working and bug-free rather than meet a date on a calendar. If it's late, it's late because we wanted it to be awesome, not because of anything else.

~DS~

Quote from: Arantor on January 16, 2010, 02:43:33 PM
To sum up...

HD-only mode basically turns SMF+SD into a helpdesk, hiding all the boards, topics, and everything else; it just appears to be a helpdesk then. But it's a helpdesk that can leverage all of the bridges to other systems.

Compatibility is intended for 2.0 RC2+ only. Was one of the first questions the dev team asked itself - and answered - supporting two different sets of code is hard enough normally, but given that it would have to be a series of rewrites in order to work on 1.1.x as well as 2.0, we reasoned that running with 2.0 was a better route for us in the longer term.

Release date is when it's ready. The dev team have a roadmap in mind and we've talked about provisional dates for release to beta testing as well as provisional public release dates however we'd rather get you all a version 1.0 that is working and bug-free rather than meet a date on a calendar. If it's late, it's late because we wanted it to be awesome, not because of anything else.
Good posting and understandable.  ;D
"I was given the wardrobe of a nobleman, and so I played the part, a puppet ever dancing for the amusement of patrons unseen. This wretched world does not reward endeavour. It is the patron and his troupe who are receipt, maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse. Most men but play the part they're given. Most live and die not knowing they play a part at all. But I am past all that now. I am their unwitting puppet no longer! No more! I will extract from them the price of their gluttonous feast! ~ Delita Heiral

[FailSafe]

Ok, thanks Nas and B. I finally understand. =)

Bᵃ

Conquer Club - Free Global Domination Game
Think the board game Risk on steroids!

Trekkie101

For what its worth, public release dates will be made when the beta packages are sent to be tested :)

We're currently on schedule, if not ahead, including work on our site being carried out :)

SoLoGHoST

Hey SD Team, just wanted to wish you all the Best on this project.  Sounds very interesting and a great contribution to SMF.

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

Thank's, SoLoGHoST, and welcome to this site :)

Gruffen

Indeed, thanks and welcome :)

It's looking to be an awesome adventure in code :D

SoLoGHoST

Sure seems that way ;)  I'd offer to help, though, honestly, I have too much on my plate atm, with DP and all.  Though, honestly, don't see why you need any help, you seem to be making super fast progress on it.

Cheers :)

live627

Big mods = big pleasure and learning experience. Adventures in code is what we're all about! lol :D

Gruffen

That's exactly it - I've already boosted my own knowledge of Javascript in working on some of the AJAX stuff :) (Might not be the cleanest JS around but it works)

SoLoGHoST

The important thing is it working in all browsers.  That's pretty much it, clean or not, the expected outcome is #1 priority in as many browsers as possible.  This is why I have about 8 browsers that I work with to make sure it looks presentable and works the same in all 8 browsers.  This is a must have for every coder, IMO.

Hey live, nice to see you here :)

Cheers :)

Gruffen

Would you really expect us to be anything less than thorough, though? ;)