What will SimpleDesk 1.0 feature?

Started by Gruffen, January 09, 2010, 07:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acans

From all the posts and screenshots, Simpledesk is looking better and better. I can't wait for it to be released.

Quote from: Arantor on January 16, 2010, 02:43:33 PM
we've talked about provisional dates for release to beta testing

Don't forget me :P

DrHouse

nice MOD, i hope the download is soon  ;)

[FailSafe]

live627

Even though I have only seen the screenes in this topic, SD will be in development a looong time.

Gruffen

Of course. But on the same token our plans and roadmap were never about 1.0 being an uber release with a bazillion features. The idea when I set the roadmap was that 1.0 would be the minimal functional core, with a couple of nice-to-have features. Barely 3 weeks in, we're at 30%, and that figure will change soon.

The idea was to have quick, nimble releases, such that instead of glacial cycles like SMF has - between 1.1 and 2.0 - we were going to do incremental releases with each subsequent 1.x branch being a few new features. You can see the general plan of action on the project tracker if you look... ;)

Trekkie101

Oh, worth noting, we're now at revision 100, great progress from the SD team :)

DrHouse

Gruffen

It will be if someone can/will translate it when it's closer to production status.

[FailSafe]

Quote from: Trekkie101 on January 24, 2010, 10:21:20 PM
Oh, worth noting, we're now at revision 100, great progress from the SD team :)

Hey, great job! Congrats! :D

Achilles

Quote from: Arantor on January 22, 2010, 07:24:11 PM
Of course. But on the same token our plans and roadmap were never about 1.0 being an uber release with a bazillion features. The idea when I set the roadmap was that 1.0 would be the minimal functional core, with a couple of nice-to-have features. Barely 3 weeks in, we're at 30%, and that figure will change soon.

The idea was to have quick, nimble releases, such that instead of glacial cycles like SMF has - between 1.1 and 2.0 - we were going to do incremental releases with each subsequent 1.x branch being a few new features. You can see the general plan of action on the project tracker if you look... ;)

Nice, keep it up SD Team! :)

DrHouse

Quote from: Arantor on January 24, 2010, 11:00:39 PMIt will be if someone can/will translate it when it's closer to production status.
if you want i can help, send me the text via PM (from SMF please :P )

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

@DrHouse, there will be a tool available so you can quickly manage translations from here. Or you could do it like any other mod and edit the files manually and posts them in a board (Which will be set up once we're closer to a release). :)

Mick G.

Quote from: Sabre on January 09, 2010, 07:11:45 PM
Great work team, and what a good collection of people it is :)

You hit it right there.  Ive been lurkin' around and im amazed of the people involved.