News:

Loving SimpleDesk? Help us spread the word!

Main Menu

Presenting Simple Desk!

Started by Trekkie101, January 05, 2010, 07:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBlaze

Thanks Duncan! Fixed your badge as well.

Costa

in4tek.com.br | dream-portal.net | infodz.com.br

That's when I wake up, alarm clock's ringin', there's birds singin'
It's Spring and you're outside swinging

Costa's Zone

~DS~

If I understand clearly it's simliar to "SMF Project Tools" but a ticket system? Am I correct?
"I was given the wardrobe of a nobleman, and so I played the part, a puppet ever dancing for the amusement of patrons unseen. This wretched world does not reward endeavour. It is the patron and his troupe who are receipt, maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse. Most men but play the part they're given. Most live and die not knowing they play a part at all. But I am past all that now. I am their unwitting puppet no longer! No more! I will extract from them the price of their gluttonous feast! ~ Delita Heiral

[FailSafe]

O.o Whats "SMF Project Tools"? That sounds cool.

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on January 16, 2010, 03:06:36 PM
If I understand clearly it's simliar to "SMF Project Tools" but a ticket system? Am I correct?

It's more like a helpdesk for support. Google is your friend if you want more info on what that is. :)
But yeah, it can be used like a bug tracker of sorts as well.

Quote from: [FailSafe] on January 16, 2010, 03:12:25 PM
O.o Whats "SMF Project Tools"? That sounds cool.

A bug tracker modification for SMF, made by Niko. We use it here. :)

Gruffen

SMF Project Tools is a bugtracker/project manager - we use it here, in fact, and more information can be found at http://www.smfproject.info/

SimpleDesk is a helpdesk; users file tickets to be resolved - such as you might have for any service provider. For example, if my VPS has a fault, I log into the host's helpdesk and file a ticket with all the details, then the staff fix it. No-one but me and the staff can see that ticket, either.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Nas

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

Meh, you included more information in your post than I did. So I was Ninja'd :D

~DS~

Quote from: Nas on January 16, 2010, 03:13:34 PM
Quote from: Dismal Shadow on January 16, 2010, 03:06:36 PM

It's more like a helpdesk for support. Google is your friend if you want more info on what that is. :)
But yeah, it can be used like a bug tracker of sorts as well.
I see so if a user had a problem with his account...let's say, he want to change his username which he cannot, only by the administrator so therefore the user make a ticket?
"I was given the wardrobe of a nobleman, and so I played the part, a puppet ever dancing for the amusement of patrons unseen. This wretched world does not reward endeavour. It is the patron and his troupe who are receipt, maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse. Most men but play the part they're given. Most live and die not knowing they play a part at all. But I am past all that now. I am their unwitting puppet no longer! No more! I will extract from them the price of their gluttonous feast! ~ Delita Heiral

[FailSafe]

Quote from: Nas on January 16, 2010, 03:13:34 PM
A bug tracker modification for SMF, made by Niko. We use it here. :)

Oh! I thought it was called Project Tracker. I got confused....again. ^^;;

EDIT: The smfproject.info link isn't working for me.

Gruffen

Blargh, it's smfproject.net. I would advise you to look at their tracker though...

Dismal: That's it exactly. But this way it can be done without PMing, meaning that instead of PMing all the admins, you just file a ticket and those who can deal with it can deal with it, rather than waiting for one person to deal with it.

~DS~

Quote from: Arantor on January 16, 2010, 03:28:51 PM
Blargh, it's smfproject.net. I would advise you to look at their tracker though...

Dismal: That's it exactly. But this way it can be done without PMing, meaning that instead of PMing all the admins, you just file a ticket and those who can deal with it can deal with it, rather than waiting for one person to deal with it.
Perfect, sounds my kind of mod. Hope it can replace the "Contact" mod but will be keeping that one for guests.

Gruffen

Well, contact would normally be for things you just want to convey, especially feedback. A helpdesk is when you need something taken care of.

~DS~

Quote from: Arantor on January 16, 2010, 04:34:55 PM
Well, contact would normally be for things you just want to convey, especially feedback. A helpdesk is when you need something taken care of.
Make senses, thank you.

explodingcan

I am excited to see how this mod turns out. I may need to use it in the future!

Gruffen

Quote from: smithtr on March 03, 2010, 06:55:22 PM
Can help you support to me back up team for my website. I talk to you pm thank contact to me

Sorry, no, we don't provide support for third parties - we write a helpdesk package and will be supporting that, we can't offer more than that.