Going to do some geocaching this weekend

Started by tfs, August 17, 2011, 11:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tfs

My niece and I are going to go do some geocaching this Saturday.  Anyone else around here into that?
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Gruffen

Read about it, have some friends that do it but it's never really interested me personally.

Spoogs

Hadn't heard of it before now.. had to google it, seems a bit interesting.

tfs

It's a lot of fun.  I'm not heavily into it, but I've found a few caches before, and I've got an iPhone that has a nice app for finding them.  But when my niece discovered geocaching a couple of weeks ago, she thought it was great, and now she and her husband are hooked.  Since I now have a partner in crime, I thought I'd participate a little more.

Oh... I just remembered the other reason.  Next Thursday, Aug 25, I'm going in for foot and ankle surgery.  Two separate issues, two different surgeries, but both on the same leg, so they thought they'd do them both at the same time.  I'll be six weeks wearing a boot.  Sigh!  I was looking for any reason to go adventuring outdoors while I still can, because it'll be October before I'm outta that wheelchair. 

I think I mentioned that I had knee surgery on the same leg a few weeks ago.  Don't feel bad for me though.  I've been needing this done and putting it off for quite a while.  The ankle surgery is to reconnect ligaments that I snapped 34 years ago in a basketball accident.  The technology just didn't exist back then to do it.  I found an awesome surgeon who's extremely versed in this type of thing.  I'm ready to go.

This surgeon is amazing.  I jokingly asked him "where were you 34 years ago when I needed you?" and he replied "in pre-school."   :)
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.