Follow our progress

Started by cσσкιє мσηѕтєя, January 13, 2010, 12:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyty1234

How'd you guys make the progress bar anyway? I'm so impressed by it! (compared to the one I made for DP....but of course, that one was simple and easy to use, so I went with that one. :D)
tyty1234
Co-Founder of Dream Portal

Gruffen

Nas did by far most of it, I did a little cleanup only.

It grabs the number of resolved issues, and solved issues, from Project Tools for the current version (standard DB query), which gives us the percentages.

The bar itself is basic drawing ops, adding the text is a small matter of imagettftext, carefully writing the text twice, the first time slightly offset to the right in a different colour, the second time in its proper place and colour - presto, one insta-shadow.

As for the logo and checkmark, we have those as alpha blended PNGs which are just dropped into place with a careful imagecopyresample to preserve transparency. And then once a day we push them via cron to avoid punishing the DB. And that's all there is to it :)

Trekkie101

Quote from: Arantor on January 17, 2010, 09:17:30 PM
Nas did by far most of it, I did a little cleanup only.

It grabs the number of resolved issues, and solved issues, from Project Tools for the current version (standard DB query), which gives us the percentages.

The bar itself is basic drawing ops, adding the text is a small matter of imagettftext, carefully writing the text twice, the first time slightly offset to the right in a different colour, the second time in its proper place and colour - presto, one insta-shadow.

As for the logo and checkmark, we have those as alpha blended PNGs which are just dropped into place with a careful imagecopyresample to preserve transparency. And then once a day we push them via cron to avoid punishing the DB. And that's all there is to it :)

What he really meant to say was: It was a project in itself.

Gruffen

Haha, yes, it was in some ways - especially cron.

Now I remember why I prefer making Scheduled Tasks ;D

tyty1234

That's really interesting. Our bar updates manually by manual input. However, we kinda pushed the bar too far too fast. xD
tyty1234

Gruffen

That's the neat thing with us; should we get bugs opened by the beta testers in the run up to 1.0, the bar goes back automatically... while it might look odd, we take the view that it is more accurate that way.

tyty1234

I sense alot of conditionals in that one file. lol.
Pretty neat, I must say. :)

* tyty1234 envies SD's progress bar.... :(
tyty1234

Gruffen

Actually, I don't think there is, but I didn't write most of it, to be fair.

[FailSafe]

Wow, for a progress bar that seems so simple there is a lot going on behind the scenes. But you're right Arantor, the way you did it makes it a more true. :)

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

If anyone's interested, I have no problem sharing the code. JBlaze and Arantor will have to agree though since they both did a fair amount of work (JB did the actual base which I then used for the current version).

Bᵃ

If they agree, it'd be kind of cool to give it its own blog post. :)

B

Conquer Club - Free Global Domination Game
Think the board game Risk on steroids!

[FailSafe]

I agree. I'd love to see that! With their permission of course. ;D

Trekkie101

Internally somethings being whipped up.

Acans

Wow, I thought you guys where just editing the picture the more you went on, not actually a system to calculate the bugs and such in the project tool.

Gruffen

The first version was pretty much what you're suggesting, but the second version - it only makes sense to do that because it's one less job for us ;)

Besides, we've got the bug tracker, and it's the most accurate list of what needs doing, really.