Users not permitted to access the help desk

Started by mykoolspam, January 02, 2012, 08:56:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mykoolspam

I am having trouble setting the permissions on my help desk.

I have a member group labeled PREMIUM, and I have set up a Helpdesk User Role for the group.
However, the help desk link doesnt show up for any of the users and if I manually type in the URL, i get the error:

You are not permitted to access the helpdesk.

Did i miss a step anywhere?

Thanks!

mykoolspam

I think ive figured it out. Didnt know I had to assign departments to the group aswell.

On another note, is there any way to auto assign the tickets?

Thanks!

venguard223

QuoteDidnt know I had to assign departments to the group aswell.

I really thought I made it obvious enough when designing that UI. Chalk up another thing to put in big letters in the next UI.

QuoteOn another note, is there any way to auto assign the tickets?

Not without a lot of extra code. It would be marginally easier to add such functionality into the Wedge port however (but not a lot)

slavikf

Quote from: venguard223 on January 02, 2012, 05:51:57 PM
I really thought I made it obvious enough when designing that UI. Chalk up another thing to put in big letters in the next UI.

I got same error and spent already 30 mins trying to figure out, how to enable new user to use HelpDesk. Can't do it :-(
Using SMF 2.0.2

venguard223

So did you create some roles for the department? Did you add some groups to those roles?

I mean, it's in the department screen as to which roles are in that department, and it's in the permissions screen, and Admin > Helpdesk > Permissions is too hard to find?

* venguard223 is not being funny, but I fail to understand how it can be as difficult as it is to find this stuff.