Redirect board -> downloads (Was: Blog post / interview)

Started by [FailSafe], April 17, 2010, 11:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[FailSafe]

Urr.....well from what it seemed like was that during the period of 1.0 release you were kind of On Hiatus from PT. ^^;; But glad to see you back there. :)

EDIT: Thought of a new question- Are you guys gonna add a redirect board to the SD Download page?

hadesflames

Quote from: [FailSafe] on April 17, 2010, 11:56:41 AM
EDIT: Thought of a new question- Are you guys gonna add a redirect board to the SD Download page?

Why? There's already a button on the upper right nav bar for the download section...
*will add something eventually*

[FailSafe]

*shrug* Easier accessibility? It's not like it's hard to add in. :P

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

Gruffen

Split to avoid the discussion getting lost; the other topic really should just be questions you'd like to ask the team.

[FailSafe]

Quote from: Nas on April 17, 2010, 02:08:06 PM
Where would you place it, then?

Anywhere in the "SimpleDesk!" category seems appropriate.

Quote from: Arantor on April 17, 2010, 05:43:08 PM
Split to avoid the discussion getting lost; the other topic really should just be questions you'd like to ask the team.

Wouldn't this be considered a question about SimpleDesk itself?

Gruffen

It would... but the idea of the other thread is to collect questions - not answer them in that thread. I only answered the one specific question because it seemed quite important to me to answer.

[FailSafe]

So then.....where are they going to be answered? O.o

Gruffen

Quote from: Arantor on April 16, 2010, 11:51:48 AM
Now, I'm going to be semi-away from a computer over the next week or so, starting tomorrow, and during that time I'd like to open the floor to questions from the community about SimpleDesk, past, present, future, the team and so on.

So when I'm back from being away from home, I'll answer them all.

SleePy

I am not sure why we would need to add a downloads link on the forum when we have one up above.  I could make those bigger up there to make them more visible.
Jeremy D — Spare-Developer

[FailSafe]

Quote from: Arantor on April 18, 2010, 12:12:44 PM
So when I'm back from being away from home, I'll answer them all.

So you're saying it's a matter of when and not where? But you said yourself:

Quote from: Arantor on April 18, 2010, 06:11:30 AM
It would... but the idea of the other thread is to collect questions - not answer them in that thread. I only answered the one specific question because it seemed quite important to me to answer.

Hmm.....I think I get it. You meant "not answer them in that thread right now because you're away from home like you said. Right?

And SleePy:

Quote from: [FailSafe] on April 17, 2010, 02:05:47 PM
*shrug* Easier accessibility? It's not like it's hard to add in. :P

It's just a suggestion. But the point i'm trying to make is to make it easier on users (since there can be some really stupid ones out there) to locate the download area.

You have a redirect board to the Online Manual but most users can't seem to find it anyways when asking questions. Same with the Bugtracker (though thats arguably harder to find since the redirect is hidden in a child board, it's hidden in the Development page, and you also need to be a part of the Support Helper group to see it in the Helping Menu).

Gruffen

Well, yeah, mostly it's that I want to collect as many questions in that thread as possible and answer them all at once in a blog post.

If we have a discussion about something that will be resolved in the thread itself (like this thread), odds are we'll lose anyone else posting questions, and/or I'll miss some when I come to wrap up the list of questions next week when I'm back home.

[FailSafe]

*nod* Make sense, alright.

So by next week, do you mean the week of the 25th?

Gruffen

Yeah, on or around the 25th, I'll get a blog post up.