Topic solved
This topic is marked as solved and as such require no attention unless you want to bump this issue.

I think I found a bug...

Started by Achilles, April 09, 2010, 12:52:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Achilles

Well, when I delete a reply from my ticket, I see this read thing up saying: "This ticket has had replies deleted from it previously. Please click here to view them." I clicked view then I want to permanent delete it, when I clicked permanent delete; it says an error message like a database error thing. Then the red thing is still there even the reply was permanently deleted.

~DS~

Can you post what's in the error log when that happen?
"I was given the wardrobe of a nobleman, and so I played the part, a puppet ever dancing for the amusement of patrons unseen. This wretched world does not reward endeavour. It is the patron and his troupe who are receipt, maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse. Most men but play the part they're given. Most live and die not knowing they play a part at all. But I am past all that now. I am their unwitting puppet no longer! No more! I will extract from them the price of their gluttonous feast! ~ Delita Heiral

Achilles

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on April 09, 2010, 12:54:51 AM
Can you post what's in the error log when that happen?

weird. It does work now. I believe I've seen that error appear for 2-3 times already after deleting a reply (permanently). I'll post again if ever I see it. I try looking that the error logs but i didn't see any.

I'll attach a screenshot... as u can see there's no (was) deleted ticket but the red thing up still shows?

Thanks

tfs

I just reproduced this running today's SVN build. r540

I added a reply to a ticket.  Deleted the reply.  Told it I want to see the deleted replies in red.  Tried to permanently delete the reply and got the following.

An Error Has Occurred!
The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: first_msg

Error logs contained the following:

Reverse chronological order of list Today at 12:22:29 AM
http://sd1.x.com/index.php?action=helpdesk;sa=permadelete;reply=37;ticket=8;b47deee5a=d0f479a9c2cde6804045e6264a5a1f39
The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: first_msg
Function: shd_recalc_ids
File: /x/Sources/SimpleDesk-Delete.php
Line: 589

http://sd1.x.com/index.php?action=helpdesk;sa=permadelete;reply=37;ticket=8;b47deee5a=d0f479a9c2cde6804045e6264a5a1f39
8: Undefined variable: first_msg
Line: 585

8: Undefined variable: first_msg
Line: 575

I'll go put this in the Bug Tracker.  Thanks!
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Achilles

np. I believe i've encountered also some small glitches/bugs, i'll try to send it here when I see it again. :)

EDIT: Nice, 1.1 is already 17%, great!

~DS~

Thanks for the report Achilles
@ tfs, Thanks
"I was given the wardrobe of a nobleman, and so I played the part, a puppet ever dancing for the amusement of patrons unseen. This wretched world does not reward endeavour. It is the patron and his troupe who are receipt, maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse. Most men but play the part they're given. Most live and die not knowing they play a part at all. But I am past all that now. I am their unwitting puppet no longer! No more! I will extract from them the price of their gluttonous feast! ~ Delita Heiral

Gruffen

Confirmed, this is a bug, caused by the routine designed to clean up ids after a delete operation has occurred; it doesn't know how to deal with the case of physical deletion leaving nothing but the opening post only - an oversight on my part.

I've pushed this fix into SVN, not sure whether we're going to roll out with a 1.0.1 as a bug fix release or not, or whether just to fold everything into 1.1 at this point.

In SimpleDesk-Delete.php, find:
function shd_recalc_ids($ticket)
{
global $smcFunc;

Leave a line for nicety, then add:
$query = shd_db_query('', '
SELECT hdt.id_first_msg
FROM {db_prefix}helpdesk_tickets AS hdt
WHERE hdt.id_ticket = {int:ticket}',
array(
'ticket' => $ticket,
)
);
list($first_msg) = $smcFunc['db_fetch_row']($query);
$smcFunc['db_free_result']($query);

This will run before any other query in that function, and ensure first_msg is known.

Achilles

well, not really good with adding codes, ill jsut wait for the fix for it on 1.0.1 or to 1.1 :) thanks anyway.

Gruffen

Here's the patched file for you.