News:

Get the latest news and updates on SimpleDesk!

Main Menu

Invoice

Started by Xarcell, April 05, 2012, 09:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xarcell

I'm trying to convince a friend to use SimpleDesk for his project, but he says SimpleDesk doesn't have an invoice system. Is there a work around for this?

venguard223

No, there isn't, nor do I think there ever will be. The workaround is to write thousands of lines of code to add an invoice system, something I was never interested in, and to be honest, it's a HELPDESK system, not a billing system. If you want a billing system with helpdesk, use one of those.

Development is basically stagnant and has been mostly that way since I finished 2.0's development. Heck, even the Wedge port has had more work done to it in the months since SD 2.0's release than SD has itself.

Mind you, I don't know why you're bothering, you made it very clear that you weren't interested in anything I did or what I had to say, I don't know why you're wanting to promote something I poured thousands of hours into.

-- Arantor

(and yes, more than one of the SD team members can confirm that this is me)

(I also find it a touch sad that I still bother to come here in case anyone needs help, I guess it's because I don't want to believe I spent thousands of hours writing something that almost nobody uses.)

tfs

Quote from: venguard223 on April 06, 2012, 05:59:50 PM
(I also find it a touch sad that I still bother to come here in case anyone needs help, I guess it's because I don't want to believe I spent thousands of hours writing something that almost nobody uses.)

I personally take great comfort in seeing you haunt these halls. :)
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

chilly

* chilly is still around here too. I request for a 30 hour day... maybe I'd at least some things done than...
got a cookie for me?

Xarcell

Quote from: venguard223 on April 06, 2012, 05:59:50 PM
Mind you, I don't know why you're bothering, you made it very clear that you weren't interested in anything I did or what I had to say, I don't know why you're wanting to promote something I poured thousands of hours into.

::SIGHS::

Arantor, I wish you didn't wear your heart on your sleeve, or take things out of proportion. How does me thinking your trolling SMF recently have anything to do with your work on SimpleDesk? That doesn't make any sense. Personally I think you do some of the best work out there. That will never change...

I just wish you would stop being so negative. You've been that way since you left SMF. You used to be so positive, even when annoyed by people. Now it just feels like you look down your nose at people, be all negative about what they need help with.

I want the old Arantor back...

Look, I don't want to bother you ok? I was just recommending your product to a client of mine. I understand now why you didn't add a invoice system, and I agree with that, but I don't want to be a nuisance to you, so I'll leave.

I hope things become more positive in your life, and with your work.

Cheers.

venguard223

QuoteI wish you didn't wear your heart on your sleeve, or take things out of proportion

In case you hadn't noticed, I am what I am. What that means is that to do what I do, I have to actually care about what I do. I'm sorry that I care as much as I do about what I do, but it's what makes me do well at what I do.

QuoteHow does me thinking your trolling SMF recently have anything to do with your work on SimpleDesk?

I wasn't trolling. I was trying to save you from spending money on something that can't possibly work properly, but you made it clear you didn't care what I had to say, or that I knew SMF's innards to understand why what you were asking for couldn't possibly work.

So if you don't trust me on that, why the hell would you trust me with something much larger and much more complicated? Remember: I pour a certain amount of myself into what I do. It's why they are what they are, and why I 'wear my heart on my sleeve', because it's not really my heart - it's a little part of my soul.

QuoteI just wish you would stop being so negative. You've been that way since you left SMF. You used to be so positive, even when annoyed by people. Now it just feels like you look down your nose at people, be all negative about what they need help with.

Oh please. I've been this way since before I left SMF. It was because of this sort of crap THAT I left. Attitudes like yours, in fact (yes, you were the reason I stopped visiting last time around). You asked for something to be done, I told you in no uncertain terms why what you were asking for was impractical and unreliable, because of how SMF is designed to work, trying to save you money and faith in a system that couldn't possibly do what you wanted, as well as being unreliable even if it did actually get implemented.

I look down at people who don't listen to when things are put in front of them, especially for their benefit, when people don't listen to what I bring to the table. If you don't have any respect for what I say, why should I show you any respect? The same holds true for everyone else.

If I ask someone three questions in trying to provide support, it would follow that I expect three answers, not one answer, certainly not one answer to a question totally different to that which I asked.

Here's the thing. If I don't make myself clear, that's my problem. You need to tell me that you don't understand, and I'll explain it differently. But if you don't follow because you don't even read what's put in front of you, why the hell should I bother? (Note: this is not being specific, this is being general. It was after literally hundreds of support threads that I gave up trying to help people who don't even want to take any effort in helping themselves.)

QuoteI want the old Arantor back...

I'm right here, where I've always been. Is it really so wrong that I won't put up with people being biscuitsty to me any more, and I won't bend over and take it in the name of being nice to people who think they're entitled to something without putting any effort in themselves? Or people who think they're right and refuse to listen to what others are saying?

QuoteI was just recommending your product to a client of mine.

*shrug* Personally I wouldn't encourage recommending a product that hasn't had a release in most of a year.

QuoteI hope things become more positive in your life, and with your work.

It won't happen. For things to be more positive in my life, it requires almost everyone else not to act like self-entitled over-indulged peacocks. There are a few exceptions to that, but so many many more than aren't.

(Also, here's a hint. Telling me to piss off back to Wedge when I was trying to show a little respect to Wedge's heritage isn't a smart move to do. Considering especially that I put other things at risk to try helping people on sm.org.)