Topic solved
This topic is marked as solved and as such require no attention unless you want to bump this issue.

unbale to install on smf 2.0.19

Started by Zaphod, June 23, 2022, 09:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaphod

Hi all, I downloaded simple desk 2.10 and attempted to install but I get error message below

The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

I removed it and tried again even with a fresh download from Simple machines website.

After I get the error and go to "browse packages it shows it as "N/A and list files or delete"

Please help.

SleePy

SimpleDesk 2.1.x does not support SMF 2.0.x.  You will need to use SimpleDesk 2.0 or upgrade to SMF 2.1.
Jeremy D — Spare-Developer

Zaphod

OK thanks for that, it's being shown as supporting 2.0, 2.0.19 I had the toggle for 2.0.19 and made sure all others were blank on Simple Machines Mod site, I attach cutdown screenshot.

Should I report this to Simple Machines or is this something you can correct?

Thank you for your time.

SleePy

The older packages on the customize site have the 2.0.x support.  The primary download is for 2.1.x
Jeremy D — Spare-Developer

Zaphod

The earlier version just generates errors, even if not in use and just refreshing the page on error page causes an error entry (this was on 2.0.18) So I tried it again on 2.0.19 but it's the same.

But my point earlier is Simple Machines are showing version 2.1 and claiming compatible with 2.0.19 as show previously in screenshot.

Once I get around to installing SMF 2.12 I shall try this again.

Once again thank you for your time.

Acans

Quote from: Zaphod on June 25, 2022, 08:11:48 PMBut my point earlier is Simple Machines are showing version 2.1 and claiming compatible with 2.0.19 as show previously in screenshot.

SimpleDesk is compatible with both 2.0 and 2.1, however only the certain versions are.

Basically you just need to match either 2.0 with 2.0, and 2.1 with 2.1, instead of 2.1 with 2.0 etc.

Zaphod

Quote from: Acans on July 04, 2022, 02:00:51 AM
Quote from: Zaphod on June 25, 2022, 08:11:48 PMBut my point earlier is Simple Machines are showing version 2.1 and claiming compatible with 2.0.19 as show previously in screenshot.

SimpleDesk is compatible with both 2.0 and 2.1, however only the certain versions are.

Basically you just need to match either 2.0 with 2.0, and 2.1 with 2.1, instead of 2.1 with 2.0 etc.

Yes I already got that from a previous explanation on 24th June. My point is that keeps being missed is on simplemachines.org it shows 2.1 as compatible for 2.0.19 as shown in screenshot above.