SMF 2.0 RC3 is out!

Started by ~DS~, March 08, 2010, 07:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~DS~

"I was given the wardrobe of a nobleman, and so I played the part, a puppet ever dancing for the amusement of patrons unseen. This wretched world does not reward endeavour. It is the patron and his troupe who are receipt, maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse. Most men but play the part they're given. Most live and die not knowing they play a part at all. But I am past all that now. I am their unwitting puppet no longer! No more! I will extract from them the price of their gluttonous feast! ~ Delita Heiral

Gruffen

Awesome news. Just grabbed my copy for SD testing :D

Treznax

Wow haha, when I saw the thread title I didn't think it was true xD

Thanks for the intel !
Name on Dream-Portal: Alex
Name on SMF official forums: God Of
Name on SimpleDesk: Treznax

Gruffen

I've already tested SimpleDesk on it and nothing is jumping at me as broken thus far.

~DS~

Quote from: Arantor on March 08, 2010, 09:03:19 PM
I've already tested SimpleDesk on it and nothing is jumping at me as broken thus far.
We are ready then.  ;D
"I was given the wardrobe of a nobleman, and so I played the part, a puppet ever dancing for the amusement of patrons unseen. This wretched world does not reward endeavour. It is the patron and his troupe who are receipt, maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse. Most men but play the part they're given. Most live and die not knowing they play a part at all. But I am past all that now. I am their unwitting puppet no longer! No more! I will extract from them the price of their gluttonous feast! ~ Delita Heiral

Gruffen

Nothing that wasn't already broken :P

In a fit of niceness I even unarchived most of my other SMF mods and updated them for RC3 - the ones I didn't give away at least (haha, yes, they're not my problem now!)

Treznax

Quote from: Arantor on March 08, 2010, 09:03:19 PM

Atleast thats good news, then I can re-install it shortly.

Sadly about 3/4 of my modifications are "outdated" now (Hopefuly mod author updates them) and that includes DP + SP and all the other portals I tried after those two failed.

So nice, SD community forums should update :D
Name on Dream-Portal: Alex
Name on SMF official forums: God Of
Name on SimpleDesk: Treznax

tfs

Rev 368 installed and looks OK here so far, after tweaking the package-info.xml file of course.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Gruffen

tfs: I already patched the version number in 369, but it was tested by those with the mad l33t access before then anyhow...

I've updated the mods I can do quickly, which is about 3/4 of them (including the ones published by SD Team).

As for a site upgrade, we need to ensure that Project Tools and SimpleSEF don't break in RC3.

Ha²

I did want to take the opportunity to whine about this site still running RC2. SD.net is now 3-5 hours out of date.
Teh guy dat helps u

Gruffen

SD.net also has a truckload of custom code. What do you think we are... cowboys? :P

Ha²

Quote from: Arantor on March 08, 2010, 10:04:49 PM
SD.net also has a truckload of custom code. What do you think we are... cowboys? :P
Kind of, yes. Cowboys that have a cat fetish.
Teh guy dat helps u

Gruffen

[FailSafe]

How long do you think until everything is polished with PT and SimpleSEF and we can move to RC3?

I'm putting my guess in at 14 hours. :P

EDIT: Only one on this thread with a badge. ;D

Ha²

Teh guy dat helps u