News:

Loving SimpleDesk? Help us spread the word!

Main Menu

CAPTCHA

Started by live627, January 20, 2010, 03:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

live627

I had to input those characters ten times and considered an account removal.

Time to do it again...

(When it's on Medium, I have no problems)

Gruffen

Hmm, perhaps it does need a tweak, though it's only the one that's in SMF itself - not anything else.

I'll see what we can do about that for you.

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

The captcha has been changed to "Medium" level. Sorry for the inconvenience. :)

Bᵃ

Someone posted on the SMF OM that their CAPTCHA was only displaying 5 letters when it needed 6. They said if you listened to the letters, you would hear all 6 and could then input the correct verification code. But the image only had 5. I didn't test it out, but I wonder if it's a bug and related to this issue.

B

Conquer Club - Free Global Domination Game
Think the board game Risk on steroids!

live627

Trekkie101

I think it should be disabled for posts aswell, afterall if the bots can't register, we will be fine :)

live627

I heard it goes away after a few posts or am I wrong

As an admin once put it "So get posting!"

Gruffen

It's only on the first 5 posts, so you shouldn't get it any longer.

Acans

I noticed if you ever get bots they only post once, so setting to 1 would work, but like trekkie said

QuoteI think it should be disabled for posts aswell, afterall if the bots can't register, we will be fine

live627

For security reasons I think this is a good idea. Is it a mod or a core feature? And, out of curiosity, why was the level set to High?

Gruffen

The CAPTCHA for posts is a core feature in 2.0. I seem to recall that if it's enabled, High might even be the default but I can't remember.

~DS~

Quote from: Arantor on January 21, 2010, 10:35:15 AM
The CAPTCHA for posts is a core feature in 2.0. I seem to recall that if it's enabled, High might even be the default but I can't remember.
OMG, I'm getting blind, need glasses to read better.
"I was given the wardrobe of a nobleman, and so I played the part, a puppet ever dancing for the amusement of patrons unseen. This wretched world does not reward endeavour. It is the patron and his troupe who are receipt, maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse. Most men but play the part they're given. Most live and die not knowing they play a part at all. But I am past all that now. I am their unwitting puppet no longer! No more! I will extract from them the price of their gluttonous feast! ~ Delita Heiral