Error Log Counter

Started by tfs, February 15, 2010, 12:13:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gruffen

Just to clarify, you would have to manually edit the code on your theme unless you're using the default theme (since it appears in the main menu)

Hoodie

Ever thought about doing this for the Moderate Posts part under MODERATE on the main menu and Moderation Center?  Thought it would be a good idea for those moderators who turn notification off.

Gruffen

I hadn't thought about it, but it's not a bad idea at all, that.

kcmartz

Installed again. I had over 20,000 errors! I had not gone into the error log once since redoing whole site/forum brand new. I got it down to about 4 errors that keep re-appearing. Other than that no errors!

(Sent from my Google Notebook - cr-48 on Verizon Wireless 3g mode)

~DS~

I have used that mod for as long as I can remember and never got those "20,000" errors, there must be other mods that conflict with it.
"I was given the wardrobe of a nobleman, and so I played the part, a puppet ever dancing for the amusement of patrons unseen. This wretched world does not reward endeavour. It is the patron and his troupe who are receipt, maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse. Most men but play the part they're given. Most live and die not knowing they play a part at all. But I am past all that now. I am their unwitting puppet no longer! No more! I will extract from them the price of their gluttonous feast! ~ Delita Heiral

Gruffen

No, he had 20k errors from other stuff but never noticed before...

~DS~

Quote from: Gruffen on December 31, 2010, 08:56:36 PM
No, he had 20k errors from other stuff but never noticed before...
Then it's unrelated to this mod.
"I was given the wardrobe of a nobleman, and so I played the part, a puppet ever dancing for the amusement of patrons unseen. This wretched world does not reward endeavour. It is the patron and his troupe who are receipt, maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse. Most men but play the part they're given. Most live and die not knowing they play a part at all. But I am past all that now. I am their unwitting puppet no longer! No more! I will extract from them the price of their gluttonous feast! ~ Delita Heiral

Spoogs

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

DS, kcmartz is saying that thanks to this mod, he noticed those 20,000 errors that he had before he installed it...

~DS~

Working in 2.0 by emulating to RC3

Spoogs

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2441
Should install without emulation... though I'd agree the packages should be updated here as well.

Gruffen

Well, the SMF mod site doesn't agree, even though the package has '2.0 RC2, 2.0 RC3, 2.0 RC4, 2.0 RC5, 2.0-2.0.99' in it and does indeed work on 2.0 final.

The package needs resubmitting, however, because it's broken.

Spoogs

Broken in what sense..? I'm using and it seems fine (at least from an admin standpoint, and haven't heard any complaints from my members).

Gruffen

Quote from: Spoogs on July 07, 2011, 06:29:41 PM
Broken in what sense..? I'm using and it seems fine (at least from an admin standpoint, and haven't heard any complaints from my members).

That there is absolutely no way it can ever be parsed on the SMF modsite because of the way it was packaged originally.

Spoogs

Oh so it's just a matter of the package on the modsite, not that there's any issue with the mod itself... correct?