News:

Get the latest news and updates on SimpleDesk!

Main Menu

The road to 1.0

Started by Gruffen, February 22, 2010, 04:57:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gruffen

It's been a few weeks since I announced what 1.0 will feature, and I'd like to let you know how we're doing. I'm not really 'announcing' this as it's more just a little update than anything else. Members of the forum can of course take a look at the project tracker to see how it's going. I'm going to go back over the list of things I posted there.

Ability to post, edit, reply, close tickets as well as displaying tickets and seeing a list of all the tickets available

Posting tickets, editing tickets, replying to tickets, closing tickets, displaying tickets - a decent amount done. Right now we need to finish up editing of replies to tickets, and some work on what we're having as a 'quick reply' feature, as well as replying with quoting of tickets/replies is still needed too, as is preview of posts.

Ticket <-> Topic management

This is pretty much complete, even down to moving attachments around.

Shut down forum component

This is mostly done, actually; right now it will replace the board index, as well as deactivating various non-helpdesk-related functions across the forum, as well as optionally disabling PMs. Profiles are left active for the time being since there's a lot of places a user profile is called upon.

Urgency levels

This is implemented, though I still want to expand on this very slightly.

Assignments

This is implemented.

File attachments

Mostly implemented, just needed to ensure it is supported in editing of replies.

Permissions

The list of permissions is pretty much implemented.

Mod Management Page/Back-end Administration

Most of what management features there are, are implemented, for 1.0 this is relatively limited but will be expanded in later versions.

Acans

Such great progress from our Developers :)

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

Quote from: Acans on February 22, 2010, 05:15:53 AM
Such great progress from our Developers :)

We only did it to give the beta testers a bunch of work to do. You won't be allowed to take any slack once we hand it over to you. ;)

Nah, nice post, Arantor.

Acans

* Acans thinks Nas should hand it over soon. Wade spent 25 minutes trying to think of a witty comeback. . . . .

Gruffen

We're not quite ready yet to hand it over for testing; at a minimum editing of replies should be implemented...

Acans

I didn't try edit, I just left it at the reply screen LOL!

MultiformeIngegno

Great!! Your way to develop and "organize" and keep updated the community is awesome!! 8)
RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum - tv)
Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...

...iscriviti al feed di RockCiclopedia dedicato alle ultime news del mondo della musica!

Ha²

What, no "Set all avatars in the forum to cats" option? :P

But, seriously, awesome job!
Teh guy dat helps u

Gruffen

Quote from: Ha² on February 22, 2010, 10:28:09 AM
What, no "Set all avatars in the forum to cats" option? :P

* Arantor points to the 'critical features for SD 1.1' list... it's right there! :P

Francis

List your own assigned tickets? Is it planned?

Gruffen

It's one thing we've talked about and tried, but it actually doesn't seem to work as well in practice as it sounds. It is covered by the whole 'displaying tickets' thing...

That said, Nas and I need to look at that again anyway. It's not working quite how we'd like, but we're not sure how to make it work "just right" yet.

Francis

Does that confusion means that a ticket can be assigned to more than one person at once?

Also, is there any change there will be something to translate soon, because I'm the "hold list" for translating SD.

Gruffen

No, the confusion is simply over how the front page is arranged. Tickets can only be assigned to one person at a time.

Well, we can throw the language files at you but we'd rather have a translation tool in place first. Trouble is, Nas and I have been busy working on SD itself and not had time to work on the language editor.

Might have to just issue the language files somewhere in the forum for you to get cracking... not sure yet. I'm still adding language strings on an almost daily basis right now!

[FailSafe]

Wasn't there a way to assign to an entire membergroup? I forgot.

Also, great job guys! Amazing progress! :) I keep seeing the progress bar moving and I keep getting more and more excited!

P.S. It seems like the developers are testing this as they develop. What is left for the BTs to test?

Acans

Quote from: [FailSafe] on February 22, 2010, 11:25:51 PM
P.S. It seems like the developers are testing this as they develop. What is left for the BTs to test?

The Beta Testers are not only going to poke, prod, and tickle SimpleDesk to the point where we are sure theirs no bugs, but a few of us are planning to install it on our own production forums for real world testing.