For whom the bell tolls...

Started by Gruffen, July 19, 2010, 10:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gruffen

Hmm. I don't quite know how to say this, but here goes.

As time's gone on, I've found it hard to maintain personal motivation on this project. Against the odds, against the detractors, against those who don't understand what this project is about, and just against its technical requirements and so on. At times it's been hard to keep going, but that's a road I can't keep travelling down, and regret that unfortunately the time has come for me to step down as a Developer of this project.

Mostly it's personal stuff on my side that's drawn my motivation away; studying for my ZCE certification hasn't helped, plus various drama elsewhere, it all takes its toll. That's the sound you can hear in the distance, the bell tolling ;)

If I'm honest, part of the problem is that SimpleDesk itself isn't that much of a technical challenge to implement; most of it has been relatively straightforward, and more time has been spent coercing SMF to behave than SD to work, and with that in mind, fresh challenges await me elsewhere.

I leave this project with Nas and JBlaze, both very capable coders for the SMF environment and for SimpleDesk.

It's been an interesting seven months, and I want to thank everyone here who's made it an interesting and pleasant ride.

Regards,
Arantor
-- Former Lead Developer
And yes, I did forget to change my custom title

chilly

Wish you a good time and lots of new challenges ;)
got a cookie for me?

~DS~

Wish you all the best and, it's been heck of a ride Arantor and thank for all you have done...a helpdesk for SMF.
"I was given the wardrobe of a nobleman, and so I played the part, a puppet ever dancing for the amusement of patrons unseen. This wretched world does not reward endeavour. It is the patron and his troupe who are receipt, maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse. Most men but play the part they're given. Most live and die not knowing they play a part at all. But I am past all that now. I am their unwitting puppet no longer! No more! I will extract from them the price of their gluttonous feast! ~ Delita Heiral

Ha²

OHNOEZ! WE NEED U TO WORK 4 FRE 24/7!!!oneoneone!!!!elevn!

But seriously, while it sucks to see you go, I understand your reasons (I mean, I've left the SMF and SD teams in the past month! :P). Thank you for all you've done on SimpleDesk and SMF in general. :)
Teh guy dat helps u

NIBOGO

I wish you luck in all your projects Arantor! You have done an awesome job creating a great helpdesk solution for SMF so the community can be really happy with what you have done so far

Bᵃ

Your work here has been amazing. Sucks to see you go. :-\ Good luck!

B

Conquer Club - Free Global Domination Game
Think the board game Risk on steroids!

tfs

You're a heck of a programmer, and a great communicator to boot.  We'll miss you!  All the best!
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Sabre

Cheers for all you have done mate.
I'm sure you'll find that stimulation you crave, if you haven't already :)

All the best.

MultiformeIngegno

Sorry if my reply is late! :(
I don't have any word, just... thank you! Really.
I hope you all the best (as a programmer of course but, most important, good luck for your life! ;) )!
RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum - tv)
Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...

...iscriviti al feed di RockCiclopedia dedicato alle ultime news del mondo della musica!

~DS~

O_O',

I knew something activity was going on around here, the way he posts and commit and no other than the core developer himself. Welcome back, Arantor. :)
"I was given the wardrobe of a nobleman, and so I played the part, a puppet ever dancing for the amusement of patrons unseen. This wretched world does not reward endeavour. It is the patron and his troupe who are receipt, maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse. Most men but play the part they're given. Most live and die not knowing they play a part at all. But I am past all that now. I am their unwitting puppet no longer! No more! I will extract from them the price of their gluttonous feast! ~ Delita Heiral

Tah Zonemaster