News:

Looking for a good read? Check out the SimpleDesk Team Blog.

Main Menu

Topic solved
This topic is marked as solved and as such require no attention unless you want to bump this issue.

Help with how I hope to use SimpleDesk?

Started by Grammy, June 01, 2016, 03:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammy

I just installed SimpleDesk on a forum that I'm supposed to be opening for a group by the weekend.  The one thing that has been keeping me from telling them they can launch it is their need for a "private topic" feature.  This would need to be accessed by any regular member.  I tried installing Suki's Private Topic mod (over at github) but it's just not going to play clean; I think it's not ready for production.  I had about given up then ran into this mod over at SMF.

Here's what I want to ask, while kicking the tires on this new mod, trying to figure out how they can best use it:

1.)  Can the menu button "Helpdesk" actually read something else, i.e., "Medical Desk"?

2.)  Actually, I'm wondering that same thing about the menu button "Helpdesk" within the actual Helpdesk area and in the forum "breadcrumbs:  forum name > Helpdesk.

3.)  Sending a PM to the user when his or her ticket is moved to another department:  I see a place to put a link to where they can subsequently find it but I'm clueless as to know what to put there before I actually move it.  I could determine that after it's moved, I guess.  Must the PM be sent as it's being moved or can I do that afterward (when I know what the relocation link is)?

Thank you for any assistance, as I try to determine if this mod will work for the people who are waiting for their new forum.   :)

SleePy

All text are language strings.  You can modify those through SMF's language center in the admin panel or manually by going to Themes/default/langauges/sd_langauge.  The file you are looking for is SimpleDesk.english.php

Sending a PM would be a plugin for the helpdesk, which I do not know of any existing plugins that do that.  Moving a ticket doesn't require a new link, but may change what the user has permissions to do based on what permissions the new department has.

Also, since I see your calling it a "Medical Desk", SimpleDesk is fairly well written and so is SMF, but check in on rules such as HIPPA if such information is being stored.
Jeremy D — Spare-Developer

Grammy

Quote from: SleePy on June 01, 2016, 07:43:41 PM
All text are language strings.  You can modify those through SMF's language center in the admin panel or manually by going to Themes/default/langauges/sd_langauge.  The file you are looking for is SimpleDesk.english.php

Sending a PM would be a plugin for the helpdesk, which I do not know of any existing plugins that do that.  Moving a ticket doesn't require a new link, but may change what the user has permissions to do based on what permissions the new department has.

Also, since I see your calling it a "Medical Desk", SimpleDesk is fairly well written and so is SMF, but check in on rules such as HIPPA if such information is being stored.

Thanks so much!  Having the text reside in the language files is so much nicer than having to edit templates, wow. 

Odd about the PM being a plug-in.  When I click the Helpdesk tab then click to read a ticket, there is the option "Move dept."  If I click that, I get the option to PM the user and notify him that I'm moving the ticket.  (I'm attaching a screenshot.)  That is what I meant about not knowing the new link to refer him to before I actually move the ticket, so I didn't see how I'd be able to give the user that information.  It seems I'd have to click "Move Ticket", discover the link and then send the user a separate PM, but I guess that's okay, too.   :)

SleePy

My bad I forgot about that option.

The stuff inside of the curly brackets are place holders that should be replaced automagically when you send it from that page.
Jeremy D — Spare-Developer

Grammy

Quote from: SleePy on June 01, 2016, 11:04:32 PM
My bad I forgot about that option.

The stuff inside of the curly brackets are place holders that should be replaced automagically when you send it from that page.

Great!  You guys do all the work for us, basically!   :D

Thanks so much for the help.  I'll keep testing it, but it looks like just what they need. 

P.S.  Just a note that when I clicked the "Mark Topic Solved" link at the bottom, it went to an error page.  I just modified the first post's icon.   :)