News:

Looking for a good read? Check out the SimpleDesk Team Blog.

Main Menu

Homepage revised!

Started by Trekkie101, February 14, 2010, 03:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gruffen

It'd be like WP: an absolute nightmare. On a project I worked on (and sadly, I haven't had time to fix up, though might take some time out to do that, actually), I had a WP blog which I had two categories in - Article of the Week and Announcements, and I wanted to pull that into the homepage, which was outside the WP installation.

Were I doing it in SMF+SSI, it would be 10 minutes work total for the two items I wanted. It took me 2+ hours to figure out the structure, correctly, that WP uses then to write the appropriate queries.

Jerry

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

MultiformeIngegno

RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum - tv)
Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...

...iscriviti al feed di RockCiclopedia dedicato alle ultime news del mondo della musica!

Gruffen

It is SSI with some extra stuff bolted on to deal with our site-wide menu, and stuff like team-level permissions, plus the way our site is set up internally (to allow for us to manage it more easily)

MultiformeIngegno

Wow!! Maybe (of course in future!!) you can release it as a small mod! ;)

...iscriviti al feed di RockCiclopedia dedicato alle ultime news del mondo della musica!

Gruffen

Or not, it's specially geared up for us and would be a nightmare to release as a mod, to the point it'd actually be easier just to tell you how to do it rather than try and provide a mod for it.

But we have to have some secrets ;)

MultiformeIngegno

SleePy

* SleePy hides the brownies...
What secrets?
Jeremy D — Spare-Developer

[FailSafe]

So it is a secret that you're keeping secrets now? :P