Topic solved
This topic is marked as solved and as such require no attention unless you want to bump this issue.

Assigning Staff

Started by Road Rash, April 07, 2010, 12:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Road Rash

I have created a members group called HelpDesk Support Staff. In permissions (Helpdesk staff permissions) I have enabled this group to be treated as helpdesk staff with all the privileges set.
However when I go to "assign" a ticket to staff the only names to show up are forum admin. I have assigned a member to the group Helpdesk Support Staff but his name doesn't come up in the "assign to" list.
Any ideas on what I'm missing?

tfs

Not sure off the top of my head, but there may also be some required permission in the "Helpdesk permissions" section.  Generally, the staff are going to have most of those checked.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Road Rash

I guess I'll have to play with the switches until it turns on. Is there anyway to not have the forum admins listed in the "assign to" list and just have the staff's names show?

tfs

Quote from: Road Rash on April 07, 2010, 12:37:41 PM
I guess I'll have to play with the switches until it turns on. Is there anyway to not have the forum admins listed in the "assign to" list and just have the staff's names show?

Not to my knowledge, though that's a very good idea for a feature request.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Road Rash

As I don't see a specific area for "feature requests" I'll post it here and someone can move it if there is an area that I haven't seen.

I would like an option to not have the admins show in the "assign to" list as in my case we will be dealling with mechanical issues with mechanics as staff. However the admin are not mechanics so it would not do to have them listed and possibly assigned a ticket by mistake. SO yeah only people in the "staff" group would show.
Thanks, I think this will be a great asset to our forum.

tfs

In my initial testing....

To be included in the drop down list of people that can be assigned to a ticket you must be...

A: A forum administrator
or
B: a member of a group with the following TWO permissions
View helpdesk tickets - Any tickets: = Yes
Treat this user group as helpdesk staff: = Yes

The "forum administrator" part may be up for discussion, regarding removing them from the list, which would make sense to me, and I'll lobby for that in v1.1.

Gruffen

Agreed. We can put an option in to 1.1, but I don't see the need for it to be defaulting to excluding admins; the more typical use case will be admins inclusive on the list, IMO.

Road Rash

Quote from: Arantor on April 07, 2010, 03:48:12 PM
Agreed. We can put an option in to 1.1, but I don't see the need for it to be defaulting to excluding admins; the more typical use case will be admins inclusive on the list, IMO.

An option to exclude Admin would be great :)

Road Rash

Gawd you guys are good  8)