Topic solved
This topic is marked as solved and as such require no attention unless you want to bump this issue.

f806480 - Session Verification Error on rebuild search index page

Started by tfs, October 28, 2011, 12:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tfs

SimpleDesk-SimpleDesk-f806480.zip

Not sure how this all is going to work with reporting the version... Someone needs to write a step by step tutorial of how to report bugs now that it's up on GIT.  I could also use some help understanding Git and how I'm supposed to use it.  Particularly in how to verify that I'm getting the proper package.

Note that once you've installed a package, in the package manager it only reports that it's version 2.0, whereas the older dev packages reported the SVN number.

Anyway, I downloaded and installed the above file, apparently version f806480 (ick) and installed on SMF 2.0.1.  It no longer needed version emulation to install.  But I get a session verification failed error when I go to [Administration Center/Maintenance/Search Settings]
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Labradoodle-360

I tried to replicate this issue on the latest dev build, and was unable to produce a session verification issue.

tfs

Can you provide me a link to the latest dev build?  Also, define what "latest dev build" actually means now.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Labradoodle-360

The latest dev build, I was referring to the latest development package from the Downloads section. Although there's probably a later revision on Github, I've not fully gotten setup on Git yet.

tfs

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 link=issue=802.com6692#com6692 date=1319999761
I was referring to the latest development package from the Downloads section. Although there's probably a later revision on Github, I've not fully gotten setup on Git yet.

The latest on our SVN here is r538, created back on August 25th.  I don't get the session verification error with that version.  I get it with SimpleDesk-SimpleDesk-f806480.zip generated from GitHub.

tfs

SleePy

tfs,

Which menu are you using?  The one from the main menu, the admin menu or some other way?

All the menus have the session data passed in them and should work.  I can adjust the code so it doesn't require a session check just to view that page though.

I will write a quick GIT guide.
Jeremy D — Spare-Developer

tfs

I'm going to [Admin/Helpdesk/Maintenance/Search Settings] and getting a session verification error every time.

An Error Has Occurred!
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.

I've logged out and back in.  I've logged in as a different admin user.  No change.  I'll keep looking.  Will uninstall everything and make it vanilla.  But just for the record, nobody else here has said that they can go to that screen.  Are you able to do so?

SleePy

I am able to go to that screen no problem.

When you are hovering over the link to go to the search settings page, do you see a the session info at the end of the url?  Its a bunch of random numbers and characters.

tfs

No, there's no session info on that URL.  Could this be a browser issue?  I'm running FF 7.01.

tfs

I've uninstalled everything and reinstalled be91a66.  Still the same problem.  I can't get to this index page.

SleePy

When I get time later next week, I will make a change to this.  We shouldn't need a session check to view that page, only to adjust any settings.

tfs

tfs

SleePy

I am not able to reproduce this with the latest version.  I can go there, change settings and rebuild the index.