News:

Looking for a good read? Check out the SimpleDesk Team Blog.

Main Menu

Topic solved
This topic is marked as solved and as such require no attention unless you want to bump this issue.

Profile Settings Change error

Started by eliteSchwein, May 23, 2018, 02:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eliteSchwein

Hello there

i installed simpledesk to my Forum, and i only installed simpledesk and 1 theme from smftricks.
everthing works create only Profile setting (aka. Avatar upload as example) doesnt work, you can mark you setting but wenn you press the submit button:

syntax error, unexpected 'no_member' (T_STRING), expecting ',' or ')'

what can i do?

SleePy

Can you attach the affected file?  Looks like a bad edit from another mod.  You shouldn't proceed with mod installs if a error is detected.
Jeremy D — Spare-Developer

eliteSchwein

I have only one mod, and now my default member is broken and has another name, and i must remove the Threads with phpmyadmin and also they wont show after some time, same error

I used this:http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2491 and parsed it to smf 2.0.15 (which is my version)...

I try to remove it and hope my forum works normally again, and than i need some help with installation... I cant find other ticket system for smf, and i need one..

SleePy

If you are manually making changes you must be careful to ensure that the changes you made are valid code and queries.
Sometimes you can get a mod to install by uninstalling the original mod, install the second and install the original again.

The version for SimpleDesk supporting SMF's future 2.1 is edit free, which can help ensure that it works better with other modifications.

eliteSchwein

I am sure i made everthing correct... And also double checked the linux permission

SleePy

The code is wrong not the permissions.  Which is why you receive a php error.

eliteSchwein

//found

eliteSchwein

#Push

I found

Every file drops this

2: Parameter 1 to shd_buffer_replace() expected to be a reference, value given

What can i do to fix it?

SleePy

Is there a previous error?  This is a replacement error in a buffer handler, which is near the end of the page generation process.

eliteSchwein

I coding now my own forum, but thanks for the Support