News:

Looking for a good read? Check out the SimpleDesk Team Blog.

Main Menu

(CF) categories additional position

Started by Spoogs, June 02, 2011, 08:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spoogs

Quote from: Spoogs on June 02, 2011, 03:06:22 PM
Categories and Dept prefix a tickets title, and can make it crowded, so since the category filters are shown in the header block, would making whether to display certain categories as prefix or not make sense?

For example I would have the users fill out the appropriate cats on creating a ticket, I would want my staff to edit the ticket just before marking resolved and add another cat (a custom status)... but I would probably only display the cat from the user input and the cat from staff I would just use the filtering where necessary.

If this makes any sense it's certainly a future endeavor not 2.0 by any means.
Quote from: Gruffen on June 02, 2011, 07:44:12 PM
Technically it's no big deal, it's just another possible placement to be factored in.

What bothers me more is user confusion. There are already 4 possible placements, this brings it up to 5, and I think it could be confusing to set up, though it's interchangeable so it's not like you're stuck if you get it wrong (it's soft to change, it only affects how and when it's queried, really)

EDIT: Stick it in the tracker for 2.1.
Quote from: Gruffen on June 02, 2011, 08:01:00 PM
You'd have to make it a separate type of placement, though. There's nowhere else in the table to store it.

So you'd have:
* position as under ticket
* position as additional info box on the left
* use as ticket prefix
* use as ticket prefix but also a category
* use as a category but not a ticket prefix too