Just some suggestion.

Started by Achilles, May 25, 2010, 01:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Achilles

So yeah, I know that SD is planning to have DEPARTMENTS soon, I'm just curious will you guys be able to implement a DEPARTMENT when clicked a default template will be listed on the "body of the message"?

Like.... Example.... You clicked Advertising Department. Then on the body of your message a default template for the Advertising will show, something like that... :)

Gruffen

What, like a default template that users can fill in for the request?

Achilles

Quote from: Arantor on May 25, 2010, 01:40:14 PM
What, like a default template that users can fill in for the request?

Yeah, something like that... Like default Ticket Format specifically made for that department...

QuoteExample:

1. Advertising Department

Name:
E-mail:
Advertising Inquiry:
Budget:

2. Donation Issues

Name:
E-mail:
Donation Inquiry:

Something like that... :)

Gruffen

Glad I asked now... the foundation for this is actually going to be in 1.1 with custom fields (sort of like custom profile fields, but for tickets and/or replies), meaning you could set up the required information as custom fields and just have the main ticket content as general description.

Achilles

Quote from: Arantor on May 26, 2010, 02:16:47 PM
Glad I asked now... the foundation for this is actually going to be in 1.1 with custom fields (sort of like custom profile fields, but for tickets and/or replies), meaning you could set up the required information as custom fields and just have the main ticket content as general description.

Great! One more thing, will you be able like to SET membergroups to have their respective departments assigned to them?

Gruffen

Membergroups, nope. Don't know if you saw the blog post about permissions but almost nothing after 1.1 is released will be managed by *membergroup*. It'll be managed by roles.

Gruffen

And it is, in fact. Departments are managed by roles, you can set custom fields (soon to be expanded to custom fields per department if desired) and template posts are also something I'm looking at.