News:

Loving SimpleDesk? Help us spread the word!

Main Menu

SimpleDesk 1.0 RC2

Started by Gruffen, March 22, 2010, 08:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gruffen

Well, the applications are still being discussed because we had a *lot* of them...

Bonk

No doubt. You've hit on a real need at this time with this product.

I'm just itching to get a look at it and see if it will suit our needs or if it could be made to suit our needs with a little customisation.

I'm also being lazy! :) After handling hundreds of these requests manually by PM it is well past time for a system to track them. So now that I am writing one and just getting to the hard-on-the-head-finish-it-off stage... I find simpledesk! But I can't see it! What a tease!

Not meaning to rush you, take your time and let it out when you feel it is ready. I'll keep slogging through my own script in the meantime.

Gruffen

Well, there's close to 10k lines of code just in 1.0... but I can assure you "very soon now" is the timeframe :)

~DS~

"I was given the wardrobe of a nobleman, and so I played the part, a puppet ever dancing for the amusement of patrons unseen. This wretched world does not reward endeavour. It is the patron and his troupe who are receipt, maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse. Most men but play the part they're given. Most live and die not knowing they play a part at all. But I am past all that now. I am their unwitting puppet no longer! No more! I will extract from them the price of their gluttonous feast! ~ Delita Heiral

Gruffen

QuoteArthur: Three pints, at lunchtime?
Ford: Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so.
Arthur: Deep, very deep. You should send that into the Reader's Digest, they've got a page for people like you. Anyway, why three pints?
Ford: Muscle relaxant, you're going to need it.

:P

[FailSafe]

Quote from: Achilles on April 04, 2010, 09:39:45 AM
...I believe that it will be very soon! sooner or LATER. :P All bugs now are dead; I hope, thanks to the Beta Testers and QA's - and ofcourse to those who fixed it. Goodbye Nasty Bugs.  :'(

do i assume too much? :( lol

Well according to the Project Tracker there is only one Bug that is still outstanding, but a revision for it has since been released. The only thing keeping it outstanding, AFAIK, is that it's awaiting feedback. The rest are just features.

So yes, it's safe to assume that the release is going to be sooner. ;)

~DS~

Quote from: Arantor on April 04, 2010, 02:21:44 PM
QuoteArthur: Three pints, at lunchtime?
Ford: Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so.
Arthur: Deep, very deep. You should send that into the Reader's Digest, they've got a page for people like you. Anyway, why three pints?
Ford: Muscle relaxant, you're going to need it.

:P
Hahahaha. Time is a illusion.
"I was given the wardrobe of a nobleman, and so I played the part, a puppet ever dancing for the amusement of patrons unseen. This wretched world does not reward endeavour. It is the patron and his troupe who are receipt, maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse. Most men but play the part they're given. Most live and die not knowing they play a part at all. But I am past all that now. I am their unwitting puppet no longer! No more! I will extract from them the price of their gluttonous feast! ~ Delita Heiral

Gruffen

Quote from: [FailSafe] on April 04, 2010, 02:27:27 PM
Well according to the Project Tracker there is only one Bug that is still outstanding, but a revision for it has since been released. The only thing keeping it outstanding, AFAIK, is that it's awaiting feedback. The rest are just features.

So yes, it's safe to assume that the release is going to be sooner. ;)

That's correct. As the project tracker indicates it had a lot of work on it... it's into 5 pages of discussion... :-X But the revisions I did over the course of two days should rectify that with an improved UI generally which I want a little more testing on before I set the kitteh free :P

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя