News:

Loving SimpleDesk? Help us spread the word!

Main Menu

Sneaky peeky at SimpleDesk 1.0

Started by Gruffen, January 13, 2010, 12:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gruffen

The project is moving along at a fantastic rate - one I'm personally very happy with, and I'm glad to see the enthusiasm in all the team in getting to where we are. Nas posted a statement about following our progress, in the team blog, and in keeping with that, I want to show you some of that 14% we've achieved thus far.

Here is the first public screenshot, the main ticket view itself, where your users will be reading the help provided, and where your staff will be seeing the issue itself... either way, it's a pretty important part of SimpleDesk, as it's one of the areas users will be spending a lot of time on.

Without further ado, I give you: "My First Ticket!"

(click me for full size version)

Comments, thoughts, appreciations to Nas for a fine piece of design-work perhaps? ;)

Eliana Tamerin

* Eliana Tamerin beats on SimpleDesk (read: Nas) for not following typical SMF convention for buttons.

IMHO, I think they look better below or above (or both) the header bar. Not on the header bar.

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

We'll fix it for you, then. :P

if($user_info['name'] == 'Eliana Tamerin')
{
     // Boring buttons
}

Meh, IMO, both works, but doing it like I did here is something new and inventive ($ego++; :P).

Bᵃ

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on January 13, 2010, 12:51:10 PM
* Eliana Tamerin beats on SimpleDesk (read: Nas) for not following typical SMF convention for buttons.

IMHO, I think they look better below or above (or both) the header bar. Not on the header bar.

I have to agree. Even moving them underneath the ticket description would be good. Maybe put all of the buttons in that box that's already there instead of just the reply button. :)

Also, the edit and delete icons on the reply look screwy. They either need to move up above the line (which should extend the full length of the reply) or to a new position entirely.

B

Conquer Club - Free Global Domination Game
Think the board game Risk on steroids!

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

Quote from: Bᵃ on January 13, 2010, 12:57:12 PM
Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on January 13, 2010, 12:51:10 PM

I have to agree. Even moving them underneath the ticket description would be good. Maybe put all of the buttons in that box that's already there instead of just the reply button. :)

Guess we could include a little setting for the buttons, IDK.

Quote from: Bᵃ on January 13, 2010, 12:57:12 PM
the edit and delete icons on the reply look screwy. They either need to move up above the line (which should extend the full length of the reply) or to a new position entirely.

They're supposed to. Something wrong with Arantor's view.

Gruffen

That's Firefox 3.0.17 btw. Is fine in Chrome 4.

Bᵃ

Quote from: Nas on January 13, 2010, 12:58:03 PM
They're supposed to. Something wrong with Arantor's view.

Okay, cool. :)

B

Conquer Club - Free Global Domination Game
Think the board game Risk on steroids!

tyty1234

tyty1234
Co-Founder of Dream Portal

Gruffen

live627

Looks good, but I agree with Eliana - buttons need reworked

Gruffen

It is being looked at, and no doubt we'll publish what we come up with.

Acans

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

Thought I'd let you all know that I just added a setting to the mods ACP where you can disable the navigation style shown on the preview here, and replace it with default SMF buttons.

~DS~

"I was given the wardrobe of a nobleman, and so I played the part, a puppet ever dancing for the amusement of patrons unseen. This wretched world does not reward endeavour. It is the patron and his troupe who are receipt, maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse. Most men but play the part they're given. Most live and die not knowing they play a part at all. But I am past all that now. I am their unwitting puppet no longer! No more! I will extract from them the price of their gluttonous feast! ~ Delita Heiral

[FailSafe]