News:

Loving SimpleDesk? Help us spread the word!

Main Menu

Topic solved
This topic is marked as solved and as such require no attention unless you want to bump this issue.

Trouble with Board Veiwers Mod and Simpledesk Mod

Started by MaddSmokerz, June 26, 2011, 05:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaddSmokerz

This Mod Is Awsome For My Site, Everything is working ok but im getting a few errors in the Admin, I Know Which Mod Is Doing It The "Board Viewers Mod" Here is a Few Pics Of What is Happening....

And This Is Whats Happening in the admin...but everything is showing fine, so im pretty sure it the board viewers mod thats causing the errors...was woundering if there was something i could add to the board index to stop the board viewers mod from doing that, it only gives me those errors when i click on the forum button and the "Department Catagories are put to the forum, if they are not shown on the forum i get no errors in the admin....Peace MaddSmokerz

Spoogs

MaddSmokerz

Attached It To The First Post Spoogs...Thanks for your help  ;D

Spoogs

Not entirely sure I can help but having the file attached make it easier to look at the code and not have to go searching for the mod to see what's what :P

MaddSmokerz

sorry about that Spoogs ....I Did Disable The Board Viewers Mod For Right Now and went back to the forum and then back to the admin and Had No Errors... so its that mod but thank you for taking a look at it....Peace MaddSmokerz

Gruffen

Oh, that's a fairly bad mod there. It makes certain assumptions that it really, really shouldn't.

OK, how to fix, all in BoardIndex.php based on the above code.

Code (find) Select
$this_guests = $boards['viewers']['guests'];
$this_members = $boards['viewers']['members'];

Code (replace) Select
$this_guests = !empty($boards['viewers']['guests']) ? $boards['viewers']['guests'] : 0;
$this_members = !empty($boards['viewers']['members']) ? $boards['viewers']['members'] : 0;

And this, this is very, very wrong for so many reasons.
Code (find) Select
if($boards['children'] !== array())

Code (replace) Select
if (!empty($boards['children']) && is_array($boards['children']))

Make those two changes and it'll all be good.

MaddSmokerz

Thank you Gruffen and Spoogs For Fixing This its working fine now and im getting no errors in the Admin.....Thanks MaddSmokerz  8) 8)