SimpleDesk 1.0 RC2

Started by Gruffen, March 22, 2010, 08:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

Since I'm one of the authors I can't look over it. Shame. :P

hadesflames

Maybe the cust team should be looking to expand its membership count...*whistles*
*will add something eventually*

Gruffen

Well, I will not return to the cust team, and even if I would, I can't look over this for the same reason.

hadesflames

Deezel

I is getting excited!!!!!!!!I'm assuming all members here will be able to download it even if mod site doesn't have it posted yet?

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

Yes, we'll be offering it on this site.

Deezel

well, at 99%, I'm hoping we can see the finished goods very shortly. This will be an asset to my cousins site if it is what I am expecting to see.
* Deezel says excitedly*

hadesflames

Quote from: Deezel on March 31, 2010, 03:14:47 PM
well, at 99%, I'm hoping we can see the finished goods very shortly. This will be an asset to my cousins site if it is what I am expecting to see.
* Deezel says excitedly*

Don't worry, us beta testers will make sure to find more bugs so that the release gets delayed longer

* hadesflames runs

Achilles

Quote from: hadesflames on March 31, 2010, 09:04:15 PM
* Deezel says excitedly*

Don't worry, us beta testers will make sure to find more bugs so that the release gets delayed longer

* hadesflames runs
....  :o

:P

Are there still bugs? :P I hope not, cause I really want to experience this very very great mod. :P

Deezel

Quote from: hadesflames on March 31, 2010, 09:04:15 PM
* Deezel says excitedly*

* hadesflames runs
Ouch.......

Achilles

How's the Beta Testers doing? Found any more bugs, yet? :P

tfs

I think things are getting pretty close.  There was a couple of bad ones that we found after the RC1 candidate was released which caused delays.  Some of the trouble was related to different behavior in different browsers.  But it looks like after a few nights of sleep deprivation, Arantor has it ironed out nicely.   ;)
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

[FailSafe]

So does mean that SimpleDesk will go to RC3 or will it go to right to Gold?

Gruffen

Well, in RC1 there was a hideous bug relating to the recycle bin, which necessitated a rewrite of that whole section for RC2.

In RC2 we found some hideously irritating but not as critical/evil as the recycle bin bug, but still more than irritating enough, which prompted a fury of 18 hours of coding to rework the interface. Big but not as drastic a change as the RC1 bug was (which necessitated a DB schema change amongst other things)

While initially it seemed more effort than it was worth, the net result is a drastic improvement over what there was before, and I'm very glad we did what we did there. I think there's still a couple of minor aesthetic kinks in it if you try and submit files to attach that aren't right, but nothing I can't fix up tonight with any luck. (Funnily enough, it's only IE8 that it appears in)

Barring any new major bugs I think we can skip the RC3 step :)

[FailSafe]

Awesome! I'll be looking forward to seeing the release then! ;)