Drafts: flaky autosave

Started by Cal, August 26, 2011, 10:24:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cal

Draft autosave works as it should when starting a new topic, but does not appear to work when replying, either from the main reply page or the quick-reply box.  I'm running 2.0 final and didn't get any errors when installing the mod, and just glancing through the manual parse doesn't give me any hints as to why the autosave only fires off in 'new topic' and not 'new reply'.  Manual saving works everywhere.

Spoogs

Drafts work just fine on reply and quick reply for me.

What mods do you have installed?
If this is happening on a non-admin account (remember there are permissions for saving and auto-saving)?

Cal

This happens on both admin and non-admin accounts; permissions to both manually save and autosave are checked for all member groups.

I have admittedly quite a passel of mods, and I'm sure something must be conflicting; I just can't figure out what it might be since it will work on new topics.

1. SimplePortal    2.3.3
2. Tidy Child Boards    1.3
3. Internal_Links_Use_Same_Window    1.2
4. SubAccounts Mod    1.0.1
5. httpBL    2.5.1
6. Drafts    1.1.1
7. Last Post On MemberList    1.3
8. Topic Descriptions    1.1
9. Tagging System    2.4.2
10. Custom BBCode    2.02   
11. nneonneo's AJAX ShoutBox    1.22a
12. Bookmarks    2.4
13. Member Color Link    3.1
14. Aeva Media    1.4w    
15. Enhanced PM Popup    1.0.1
16. Custom Board Sort    1.0.2
17. reCAPTCHA for SMF    0.9.8a
18. Stop Spammer    2.3.9

My vote for probable culprit is the ajax shoutbox, but I've hidden it, uninstalled it, reinstalled it, and done a voodoo raindance and whether it's there or not seems to have no bearing on the autosavey goodness.

~DS~

Try uninstalling nneonneo's AJAX ShoutBox  since Draft uses Ajax as well. ;)
"I was given the wardrobe of a nobleman, and so I played the part, a puppet ever dancing for the amusement of patrons unseen. This wretched world does not reward endeavour. It is the patron and his troupe who are receipt, maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse. Most men but play the part they're given. Most live and die not knowing they play a part at all. But I am past all that now. I am their unwitting puppet no longer! No more! I will extract from them the price of their gluttonous feast! ~ Delita Heiral

Cal

Quote from: ~DS~ on August 27, 2011, 01:47:57 AMTry uninstalling nneonneo's AJAX ShoutBox  since Draft uses Ajax as well. ;)

I did that:

Quote from: Cal on August 26, 2011, 02:05:24 PMMy vote for probable culprit is the ajax shoutbox, but I've hidden it, uninstalled it, reinstalled it, and done a voodoo raindance and whether it's there or not seems to have no bearing on the autosavey goodness.

And unfortunately no dice.  :(

Also, it DOES autosave on new topics, just not new replies.  This leads me to believe there's something else at work here than just a blanket conflict.

~DS~

Try uninstalling mods to find which one may be the culprit.
"I was given the wardrobe of a nobleman, and so I played the part, a puppet ever dancing for the amusement of patrons unseen. This wretched world does not reward endeavour. It is the patron and his troupe who are receipt, maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse. Most men but play the part they're given. Most live and die not knowing they play a part at all. But I am past all that now. I am their unwitting puppet no longer! No more! I will extract from them the price of their gluttonous feast! ~ Delita Heiral