News:

Loving SimpleDesk? Help us spread the word!

Main Menu

Ban Filter

Started by Gruffen, May 29, 2010, 08:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gruffen

Ban Filter

On heavily customized sites, we would expect most forum admins to check the error log on a regular basis, particularly in concert with our Error Log Counter mod, being 'on top' of errors as they occur.

One thing to note about the error log is that it groups different kinds of errors together, enabling admins to look at errors on different severity, and one oversight seems to be that errors from banned users are lumped into the 'user errors' group, rather than having their own category. On a site with multiple troublemakers, it will be easier to have these all in one place within the error log, if you're already checking it regularly, without you having to also check the ban log.

Enter 'Ban Filter'. This provides a filter in the error log area for bans, separately to user errors and so on, as illustrated.

As ever, support here in this board if you need it.

MultiformeIngegno

Hope to see this on SMF by default! ;)
RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum - tv)
Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...

...iscriviti al feed di RockCiclopedia dedicato alle ultime news del mondo della musica!

Gruffen

Would be nice, and it's not as if it's a huge change. Most of the mod's work is actually cleaning up the language strings rather than anything else.

MultiformeIngegno

Quote from: Arantor on May 30, 2010, 07:15:20 AM
Would be nice, and it's not as if it's a huge change. Most of the mod's work is actually cleaning up the language strings rather than anything else.
You can post this in the "Feature Requests" board at sm.org... :)

...iscriviti al feed di RockCiclopedia dedicato alle ultime news del mondo della musica!

Gruffen

Without going into further detail, I can't and I won't anyway.

MultiformeIngegno

Quote from: Arantor on May 30, 2010, 10:07:03 AM
Without going into further detail, I can't and I won't anyway.
:-\
What's happened?

Gruffen

It's a long story, which I don't want to get into here.

flapjack

this is one very useful mod :) thanks