News:

Loving SimpleDesk? Help us spread the word!

Main Menu

[Request] Ticket purging by ticket status

Started by Senalaya, July 02, 2011, 05:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Senalaya

First of all congratulations and a big thank you for the 2.0 release.

Currently you have implemented the option to auto-purge tickets by department after a set time.
What I'd be looking for is an option to also set a time limit by ticket status. Namely to apply that to tickets with the status "Awaiting User Response".

After using the Helpdesk for several months now, tickets keep piling up with that status, because some users simply can't be bothered to repond. So, it would be very helpful to have the option to auto-close/purge these tickets after a set time with a notification sent to the user "Ticket closed due to lack of response" or something like that.

Spoogs

Purging is scheduled for a future release. We discussed it quite a bit and realized we need to be careful with its' implementation as there are cases where a ticket might be on hold and shouldn't be purged so there has to be settings to handle things like that as well.

Gruffen

QuoteCurrently you have implemented the option to auto-purge tickets by department after a set time.

No, that function has been removed for some time.

You can auto-close tickets by department after a set time, but not purge. The whole nature of this setup was to deal with the exact type of case you mentioned. Set it to 30 days - if you have tickets that are waiting for any kind of staff response in 30 days, I'd say you have something wrong with your team being inactive, but if you don't get a user response in 30 days, the ticket will be closed and a note will go into the ticket log. If the user can't be bothered to comment, the odds are they don't really want a notification either (so one isn't sent as far as I remember, and with very, very good reasons for not doing so, like not hammering the server with large numbers of queries)