Topic solved
This topic is marked as solved and as such require no attention unless you want to bump this issue.

Need Instillation on Mac help

Started by [FailSafe], April 05, 2010, 02:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[FailSafe]

When I download the .zip file it automatically unzips it, and when I download the .tar.gz file it downloads it as .tar, which means that I can't upload the package through SMF's package manager. I would manually upload through FTP, but I haven't a clue where i'd upload it to.

Gruffen

You need to upload the files to Packages/ in the forum.

Or failing that, tell your browser to save it as .bin or something... though you should be able to re-zip it and upload that way.

~DS~

That's the case with safari, are you using safari? I am on Mac and using Chrome and it download just fine without extracting the zip. As for .tar you can rename it to .tar.gz
Hope that helps.
"I was given the wardrobe of a nobleman, and so I played the part, a puppet ever dancing for the amusement of patrons unseen. This wretched world does not reward endeavour. It is the patron and his troupe who are receipt, maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse. Most men but play the part they're given. Most live and die not knowing they play a part at all. But I am past all that now. I am their unwitting puppet no longer! No more! I will extract from them the price of their gluttonous feast! ~ Delita Heiral

[FailSafe]

Alright, thanks to the both of you. :)

Gruffen

Let us know when you've got it installed :)

[FailSafe]

Ugh....more problems. So I couldn't install it because it was giving me the "not all files are writable" error, and so I talked to Christian about it and he helped me. So now it installs. However, from what I can see it doesn't install all of the files, and after it "successfully" installs it redirects me to Core Features like it's suppose to, but at the bottom there is no SimpleDesk to to on and off. :-\

Gruffen

That would suggest it hasn't edited ManageSettings.php properly.

[FailSafe]

So then what can I do to solve this? Do I need to reupload the file to the Package Manager?

Gruffen

Wait a minute... what exactly have you done so far in terms of getting it into SMF?

[FailSafe]

Downloaded it from the site, uploaded the tar.gz file via the Package Manager.

Gruffen

OK, this is a bit weird.

Have you had trouble with other mods on the same forum?

Also, do you have a directory in Themes/default/images/simpledesk/ after installation?

[FailSafe]

Nope, no Image.

And I just tried to install the Spoiler Mod and it reported an error.

EDIT: Make that a couple of modification parse errors.

Gruffen

[FailSafe]

[FailSafe]

Ugh, I hate bumping, but I still need help with this. Anyone?