Board redirect (was Re: Sneaky peeky at SimpleDesk 1.0)

Started by Acans, January 30, 2010, 11:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acans

Quote from: [FailSafe] on January 28, 2010, 07:04:54 PM
Quote from: Arantor on January 28, 2010, 07:02:53 PM
I also added a setting earlier today that allows you to use the staff icon (as you see in the above picture) or the proper badge of users. :)

Great! This will help a lot for my site! :D

Yes, this will benfit me also.

Will the option of having a board redirect to the help desk like the project tools board?

Gruffen

I actually discussed that with someone recently.

You can use the redirect boards feature in SMF to just do that anyhow, but it is on the tracker as a possible feature for around 1.5 (given that we've already set out the core feature list we think it should have, but I'll reveal more of the plans for the future as we get to 1.0)

Acans

I know we can just use the redirect boards features, but I don't plan on having the help desk tab.

Gruffen

Even though it doesn't just have the tab, but also the number of tickets assigned to staff too?

Acans

Quote from: Arantor on January 30, 2010, 11:18:38 PM
Even though it doesn't just have the tab, but also the number of tickets assigned to staff too?

Are we talking about the tab or the board?

Gruffen

The board isn't going in for a while. Not until probably 1.5 unless someone can give me a real good argument why it should be added sooner (given what I know is coming up between now and then)

The tab right now, already, lists Helpdesk if you're a user, or staff with no allocated tickets, or Helpdesk [1] for the number of tickets allocated to you - like it does with private messages. (And yes, the number is correctly calculated for allocated tickets)

Acans

Quote from: Arantor on January 30, 2010, 11:30:50 PM
The board isn't going in for a while. Not until probably 1.5 unless someone can give me a real good argument why it should be added sooner (given what I know is coming up between now and then)

I'll give ya $10

Gruffen

You realise though that for every feature we bring forward, that's one feature we push back?

Francis

Quote from: Arantor on January 30, 2010, 11:37:19 PM
You realise though that for every feature we bring forward, that's one feature we push back?
Always so true, but realise is realize. :)

Trekkie101

Quote from: Francis on January 31, 2010, 01:00:22 AM
Quote from: Arantor on January 30, 2010, 11:37:19 PM
Always so true, but realise is realize. :)

Only if your American and butcher the English language ;)

However if you pop this onto the trackers as a feature, and it will be picked up/discussed and slotted into development, although it won't make it in 1.0 for sure.

Francis

Acans

Trekkie, I cannot post stuff in the project tracker.

Francis

Quote from: Acans on January 31, 2010, 04:07:01 AM
That's because it is locked to team members.

Acans

Quote from: Francis on January 31, 2010, 04:20:27 AM
Quote from: Acans on January 31, 2010, 04:07:01 AM
That's because it is locked to team members.

I know, but the way Trekkie said it sounded like she gave me the option to post it lol. My English skills still need work

Gruffen

It's actually on the tracker already, but anything that isn't 1.0 is hidden...