News:

Get the latest news and updates on SimpleDesk!

Main Menu

Topic solved
This topic is marked as solved and as such require no attention unless you want to bump this issue.

Just a question

Started by Achilles, April 07, 2010, 08:15:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Achilles

Is there such thing as creating departments in the SD? Since I can't find it. :(

Departments I mean like:

Technical Support [TS]
General Support [GS]

Bug Reports

Donation Inquity [DI]

And on the name of the Ticket it will appear as [DI] "Ticket Name"
something like that:( :p

And how can I make the tickets become PRIVATE in default?
And can there be a pinned ticket? ;P cause i'm planning to add a TICKET FORMAT FIRST.

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

Please do not bump your topics within 24 hours. We're all human here (since our bot can't respond to support requests properly ;)), and we're working as fast as we can to help you. :)

Departments are on our list, but not for SD 1.1 (can't recall what version).

To make a ticket private by default I'm guessing you have to change Subs-SimpleDeskPost.php to make the posting function make tickets private when they're posted. If you want help with that, please attach your file.

Pinned ticket? Like sticky topics? IIRC there's some sort of global announcements planned, but not soon.

Achilles

Quote from: Nas on April 07, 2010, 01:38:25 PM
To make a ticket private by default I'm guessing you have to change Subs-SimpleDeskPost.php to make the posting function make tickets private when they're posted. If you want help with that, please attach your file.

Sorry about that. :P Anyway, could you tell me where can I get the file that must be edited? Is it from the FTP? So, which specific file must be edited?

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

Yes, you can grab the file from your site using FTP.
The file is SimpleDesk-Post.php (I gave the wrong file earlier, sorry), located in ./Sources/. Line #285 will have this:

$private = false;

Change that to:

$private = true;

Achilles

Quote from: Nas on April 07, 2010, 01:52:10 PM
Yes, you can grab the file from your site using FTP.
The file is SimpleDesk-Post.php (I gave the wrong file earlier, sorry), located in ./Sources/. Line #285 will have this:

$private = false;

Change that to:

$private = true;

thank you very much. Btw, when it is private; all of the staff and the reporter can see it right?

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

Those with the permission to see private tickets can see it.

Achilles

Quote from: Nas on April 07, 2010, 01:54:41 PM
Those with the permission to see private tickets can see it.

but by default the reported will see all his topics?

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

Sorry, not sure I get what you mean.
You may want to look at your permissions screen to see exactly who can do what. There's one permission for private tickets, and one for normal (public) tickets.

Achilles

Quote from: Nas on April 07, 2010, 01:58:01 PM
Sorry, not sure I get what you mean.
You may want to look at your permissions screen to see exactly who can do what. There's one permission for private tickets, and one for normal (public) tickets.

Yeah, I kinda get confuse with the permissions... What I meant is, right all tickets will be set on private, will be the reporter see his post even though it is marked private? Anyway, I;ll just read the permissions again. thanks!

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

Yes, the ticket poster will see his/her ticket, if they have the permission to do so (There's a setting for seeing private tickets, on an own/any level, IIRC, again please have a look).

Gruffen

OK, I wondered when we'd have a question about private tickets.

A ticket is by definition 'semi private'. Assuming you haven't gone nuts and given everyone the right to see 'any users' tickets, a ticket is visible only to the opener and staff (people you DID give the ability to see tickets)

The idea of 'private' isn't for regular users. The idea of private is for tickets regular *staff* shouldn't be able to see.

What happens is you'd normally set it like this:
Regular users: can see their own tickets, maybe see their own private tickets

Normal staff: can see all tickets, maybe see their own private tickets

Senior staff/admins: can see all tickets

This means you can have staff creating tickets that are 'private' that they wouldn't want other staff to see.

Generally you do NOT need to modify the code to change the privacy setting to anything else because it is naturally governed by the permissions.

Achilles

Quote from: Arantor on April 07, 2010, 03:52:50 PM
OK, I wondered when we'd have a question about private tickets.

A ticket is by definition 'semi private'. Assuming you haven't gone nuts and given everyone the right to see 'any users' tickets, a ticket is visible only to the opener and staff (people you DID give the ability to see tickets)

The idea of 'private' isn't for regular users. The idea of private is for tickets regular *staff* shouldn't be able to see.

What happens is you'd normally set it like this:
Regular users: can see their own tickets, maybe see their own private tickets

Normal staff: can see all tickets, maybe see their own private tickets

Senior staff/admins: can see all tickets

This means you can have staff creating tickets that are 'private' that they wouldn't want other staff to see.

Generally you do NOT need to modify the code to change the privacy setting to anything else because it is naturally governed by the permissions.

Yeah, but I need to let them see all publicly to see this one ticket which have the "TICKET FORMAT / ANNOUNCMENT". But, I've changed it all to private already and allowed everyone to see it.  But I might change it once you guys released a "ANNOUNCEMENT THING and DEPARTMENTS". :)

Gruffen

You may be waiting a while. It's not scheduled for 1.1, I don't believe departments is scheduled for 1.2 either.

Announcements... that's something else, but generally you could just use a forum sticky thread or something? Again it's on the roadmap but again not for 1.1 or probably 1.2, so you're going to be waiting literally months for those.

Achilles

Quote from: Arantor on April 07, 2010, 04:01:17 PM
You may be waiting a while. It's not scheduled for 1.1, I don't believe departments is scheduled for 1.2 either.

Announcements... that's something else, but generally you could just use a forum sticky thread or something? Again it's on the roadmap but again not for 1.1 or probably 1.2, so you're going to be waiting literally months for those.
It's alright. :) We've made SimpleDesk to work in our forum, even if we had to one by one add that "department" on each thread. Hahaha.

EDIT. tyvm

Achilles

And I have one more thing to ask,

Do you have any plans in the future to make the resolve tickets to be edited? Cause I notice that the resolve tickets now needed to be UNRESOLVED to be edited...