Allow custom feild input on Ticket details on left

Started by drguild, November 20, 2011, 05:56:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drguild

When custom fields are enabled it would be nice to allow input and changing of them in in the ticket details box on the left rather than underneath the reply box.

Some of out details require users to input categories it belongs to as well as changing the validity of the issue if its unconfirmed to invalid to confirmed and fixed.

Adding these custom fields the input is under the reply box when instead we should be able to input them on the ticket details just like the others there.

QuoteUser: Revenger
Urgency:
Privacy:

Below this I would like the drop-downs for our categories and the validity as mentioned as having them under the reply box isn't good when you need to change these things as they are for us details about the ticket.

While we have these 2 as prefix categories it makes sense to have the input in the details tab with a drop down especially on our validity field then underneath the actual post body which is only accessible on reply or edit.

venguard223

um this has been said before that it will probably go into a later version

drguild

yea ok.

I noticed with custom fields I have to have them the first post only for the prefix's to work I'm having to tutor people that when they make a change they need to edit the first post and change the options eg From pending to confirmed etc.

Cause the prefix's cant be changed on a reply, a manager on my game server said this about it: ticket system. y u no work.

One reason I want the properties and hope that future version isn't far because then we can select from the left to to change its process status, if it has had to go to a developer or other fields we have setup to make managing our tickets and what state there in easier.

venguard223

it looks like it was done that way for performance to stop it making too many queries on your server

if you set the field only to be editable on ticket people usually get the hint

but i dont think future releases will be too quick as the guy who made pretty much everything left