News:

Looking for a good read? Check out the SimpleDesk Team Blog.

Main Menu

SD 2.0 release

Started by Road Rash, June 14, 2011, 01:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tfs

Quote from: c23_Mike on June 21, 2011, 02:37:25 PM
What does this Nao stuff mean? Is that some sort of internal joke?

Nao is the developer of Aeva Media, a mega-mod for SMF.  Nao and Gruffen are collaborating on another very large project.  It's just a play on words that was at first most likely just an innocent slip of the keyboard for someone.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Gruffen

Nope, no reference to Nao and Aeva, or Wedge for that matter. It's part of Internet culture, where 'NAO' is an intentional misspelling of 'now', and it all started from lolcats.

tfs

Quote from: Gruffen on June 21, 2011, 06:27:39 PM
Nope, no reference to Nao and Aeva, or Wedge for that matter.

Huh.... shows you just how behind the times I am.  :)  Allright, I gotta get back to warshing my knickers and reddin' up the kitchen.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

~DS~

Quote from: Gruffen on June 21, 2011, 06:27:39 PM

Nope, no reference to Nao and Aeva, or Wedge for that matter. It's part of Internet culture, where 'NAO' is an intentional misspelling of 'now', and it all started from lolcats.
"I was given the wardrobe of a nobleman, and so I played the part, a puppet ever dancing for the amusement of patrons unseen. This wretched world does not reward endeavour. It is the patron and his troupe who are receipt, maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse. Most men but play the part they're given. Most live and die not knowing they play a part at all. But I am past all that now. I am their unwitting puppet no longer! No more! I will extract from them the price of their gluttonous feast! ~ Delita Heiral