News:

Loving SimpleDesk? Help us spread the word!

Main Menu

Topic solved
This topic is marked as solved and as such require no attention unless you want to bump this issue.

Just a quick question about seeing tickets, please?

Started by Grammy, June 03, 2016, 07:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammy

Quote from: Spoogs on June 06, 2016, 10:39:12 PM
There arent too many forum permissions that affect SD from what I remember.

This has me scratching my head just a bit.

I have only 3 members on my test site right now.
I admin, 1 g mod, and 1 reg.

I posted a new tick with my reg, log in with my G mod (staff) and I can see it and interact with it kust fine.

And just to be sure what the global moderator sees, there should be a number next to the menu tab, if there is a new ticket,right?  A ticket that has not been assigned, I mean.  I do see it as an admin, but I just wondered what the g. mod is supposed to see.

Spoogs

Yes they should see the number indicating a new ticket.

Is your gmod test user the same as your regular member user? Also, can your gmod see the ticket at all?

Grammy

No, the ticket was posted by a regular test member.  The g. mod member can't see anything, even when ignoring that fact that there is no number and clicking the menu tab anyway.  All categories are void of anything new.  Here's a screenshot of what it looks like to the g.mod.

Spoogs

Create a new group called staff or something like that add it to that staff role in SD move your gmod tester to that group and see if anything changes

Grammy

Quote from: Spoogs on June 06, 2016, 11:07:30 PM
Create a new group called staff or something like that add it to that staff role in SD move your gmod tester to that group and see if anything changes

I've created the group.  Just checking... when you say to add my g.mod tester to that group, you mean to just check "global moderator" under "Assign Role", right?  I mean, there's no way to move an individual member to that group, other than moving his membergroup, right?

Spoogs

In the forum itself, you can create a new membergroup. You can then add your test account to that group. Once you do that, you can make that new group a part of the staff role you already created.

Grammy

Global moderator was selected for the new group and assigned to the Staff Department.

I actually just registered an entirely new global moderator (just in case something was glitchy with the old one) but no dice.   ???

I think, Spoogs, that I'll sleep on it (since my contacts are drying out from all the staring, ha!) and try to start fresh in the morning.  I'll check back first thing, in case you spot something.  Thanks so much for hitting my thread; very appreciated!

Spoogs

Grammy

Just officially punching in.   :)

I'll peek in every once in a while to see if anyone has any ideas and, in the meantime, I'll mull over reinstalling.

Grammy

I was wondering, please, according to THIS THREAD:

Where is the option for this?  "Treat this user group as helpdesk staff: = Yes "  Maybe that's my problem?

Spoogs

That is no longer necessary in 2.0
I still havent a clue why this isnt working for you.

Did you get the chance to try option I gave you? I'm just curious to see if this problem only exist with ur gmod group

Grammy

Quote from: Spoogs on June 08, 2016, 12:11:16 AM
That is no longer necessary in 2.0
I still havent a clue why this isnt working for you.

Did you get the chance to try option I gave you? I'm just curious to see if this problem only exist with ur gmod group

I think you and I are on different sides of the world, ha!  I expect that by the time I log in here, you're sound asleep.   :)

I did create a new group called Staff with all the necessary permissions to allow the tickets to be seen and assigned the global moderator to that department, but it didn't change anything.  I then registered a brand new global moderator, but that did no good.  The last thing I tried confused me even more:

I assigned the global moderator to the Administrative department, which has all rights and privileges but, even assigned to the administrative department, the global moderator still cannot see any tickets.  Also, I've never found any department on the pulldown menu to assign tickets to, other than myself.

So, really...  no one can see tickets and the only reason I can is because I'm the Forum administrator; not because I'm the Help Desk administrator.

It just gets weirder!   ???

EDIT:  I'm going to install SD on a different test forum and see if that changes anything.  If it does, maybe that will tell you guys something.   :)

EDIT:  Okay, I've installed SimpleDesk on another test forum and it works as it should!  This HAS to be my fault; there's something I've done differently, between the two forums.  I'll get it figured out, or break a nail, trying!   :D

Grammy

Hi, Spoogs,

You may want to scroll back to my post before this one to see all my rambling on and on, ha!  But I'll sum it up here and then I have one more question:

I installed SD onto another forum and, when it worked correctly, I realized that it had to be something I was doing wrong in the setup.  Here's what I didn't understand (and someone else may not, in the future):  I thought I had to set up a different department for each role. 

I had it like this:

User Department  (Dept)  User (role)
Staff Department  (Dept)  global moderator (role)
Admin Department (Dept) Admin (role)

That doesn't work; at least not for me.  I ended up deleting all the departments and roles and changed it to this:

Help Desk (Dept) User (role)
Help Desk (Dept) global moderator (role)

That works, as it's supposed to.  (First of all, WHEW!!!)    :)

And now for what I hope to be one last question:

I didn't add:

Help Desk (Dept) Admin (role)

The reason why is because, when I tried to add an administrative role, I can only assign it to regular users or global mods.  There is no choice to assign it to an administrator and, to be honest, there are some privileges I would want Admins to have that I wouldn't necessarily want global mods to have. 

Should I just skip adding the Administrative role and have all staff be global mods except me (the Forum admin)?

Spoogs

Ahh

I figured it would be something along those lines. As i read everything you said it all reads correctly but not being able to see it I had to go with how it reads.

I was confused to no end as to why it sounds correct as I read it but it just didnt work for lol. Glad you have it solved.

Also not that SD roles are not the same as forum membergroups.
If you want forum administrators you must create a membergroup on the forum "Admin >> Forum >> Members  >> Membergroups >> Add Membergroups" once you create that group add the forum members you want to adminstrate the Helpdesk, they do not have to be forum administrators, then assign that group to the role you created for Helpdesk Administrator

I'm in the US actually, just have an odd sleep schedule.

Grammy

Quote from: Spoogs on June 08, 2016, 07:19:41 PM
Ahh

I figured it would be something along those lines. As i read everything you said it all reads correctly but not being able to see it I had to go with how it reads.

I was confused to no end as to why it sounds correct as I read it but it just didnt work for lol. Glad you have it solved.

Also not that SD roles are not the same as forum membergroups.
If you want forum administrators you must create a membergroup on the forum "Admin >> Forum >> Members  >> Membergroups >> Add Membergroups" once you create that group add the forum members you want to adminstrate the Helpdesk, they do not have to be forum administrators, then assign that group to the role you created for Helpdesk Administrator

I'm in the US actually, just have an odd sleep schedule.

I guess the part that confuses me is seen on the screenshot I'm attaching.   It seems that when I create the admin role, I only have two choices of roles to assign:  regular members and global moderators.  Or am I misunderstanding what I'm seeing there?  Shouldn't there be a third choice:  admin?  Because if I click "global moderator" to be assigned to the Admin role, won't the global moderator be able to have all the privileges the admin has?  (If I can get past this, I think I'm golden!)   :)