Countdown progress bar...

Started by ~DS~, February 26, 2010, 12:00:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

~DS~

Yep, would like to see countdown progress bar on the font homepage rather than having to go thought some member's signature or going to "Promote Simpledesk"
http://www.simpledesk.net/about/promote/
"I was given the wardrobe of a nobleman, and so I played the part, a puppet ever dancing for the amusement of patrons unseen. This wretched world does not reward endeavour. It is the patron and his troupe who are receipt, maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse. Most men but play the part they're given. Most live and die not knowing they play a part at all. But I am past all that now. I am their unwitting puppet no longer! No more! I will extract from them the price of their gluttonous feast! ~ Delita Heiral

Gruffen

I thought about that, actually, but I don't know where I'd want to see it.

ccbtimewiz

Gruffen

I don't think the theme allows that, to be honest.

Francis

Make the same query and display it just below the theme's menu, above the link tree. A simple edit in index.template.php would work well for the moment, I think. :)

Gruffen

The queries are not very efficient, mostly because Project Tools is buggy and not very efficient either, but I'll look into it with SleePy tonight - that assumes you just want the % figure, not any of the images, right?

Francis

Quote from: Arantor on February 26, 2010, 09:27:47 AM
that assumes you just want the % figure, not any of the images, right?
Less bandwidth = for the win. ;)

Gruffen

Interesting, since the images should have proper caching on them to not be requested each time...

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

Wait, wait... Does that mean my lil theme will have bloating stuff below the header after all? :P

Gruffen

I don't see the harm in a one liner in that nice blue area to the right of the social buttons... ;)

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

Ah, that sounds a bit better. But I don't like the sound of a line of text in that particular area. Perhaps somewhere else.
But at least its better than a banner below the menu - That's what I thought was planned :P

SleePy

Perhaps change the comming soon link to show the percentage?
Jeremy D — Spare-Developer

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

~DS~

Quote from: SleePy on February 26, 2010, 05:15:55 PM
Works for me, might create another botton below it and replace with percentage.  8)
"I was given the wardrobe of a nobleman, and so I played the part, a puppet ever dancing for the amusement of patrons unseen. This wretched world does not reward endeavour. It is the patron and his troupe who are receipt, maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse. Most men but play the part they're given. Most live and die not knowing they play a part at all. But I am past all that now. I am their unwitting puppet no longer! No more! I will extract from them the price of their gluttonous feast! ~ Delita Heiral

[FailSafe]

Quote from: SleePy on February 26, 2010, 05:15:55 PM

That's brilliant! :)