News:

Loving SimpleDesk? Help us spread the word!

Main Menu

Topic solved
This topic is marked as solved and as such require no attention unless you want to bump this issue.

r537: Undefined index: label

Started by tfs, September 01, 2011, 08:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tfs

Error has been popping up a few times today in the error log.  We're finally live today after 18 months of work.  I wish I could have done it before Gruffen left.  :(

https://www.x.com/index.php?action=admin;area=helpdesk_options;f7c4e27=a943979a1aaddcbdbaa5e73c1bfc7586
8: Undefined index: label
File: /x/Themes/default/languages/Help.english.php (generic_menu_dropdown_above sub template - eval?)
Line: 327
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Spoogs

Disable template evaulation if it is enabled... clear the error log and see if the error returns... I'm not having this error at all.
Admin/Configuration/Server Settings/General... make sure the option to disable template evaluation is checked

tfs

I ended up completely reinstalling (for other reasons) and imported the SQL database back in, after switching to a different SQL server also, and this is no longer happening.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

tfs

A bunch of these were back again today.  I disabled template evaluation and will wait to see if it happens again.

Labradoodle-360

Are you encountering these in the latest Github dev rev?

tfs

You're going to have to define "latest" as I'm thinking that I can't see whatever is the latest.  Ever since we lost sequential version numbers I've been loathe to get involved because nobody knows what version is what.

SleePy

I can't reproduce this, if you can open a new ticket.
Jeremy D — Spare-Developer

tfs

Funny that I haven't gotten this for a very long time... perhaps years, and then suddenly I got a rash of them two days ago. Presumably because I haven't been digging around the admin area for a long time because there's been no need. But in my log I now see this...

https://www.domain.tld/helpdesk/index.php?action=admin;area=helpdesk_options;sa=tally;aab84b5=7288af14de9e17f5779eb1757eb145e9
8: Undefined index: label
File: /xxx/helpdesk/Themes/default/GenericMenu.template.php
Line: 327

There was a whole list of them, as I perused the admin area... all on line 327 of GenericMenu.template.php

sa=display
sa=posting
sa=admin
sa=standalone
sa=actionlog
sa=notifications
sa=tally

<a class="firstlevel" href="', isset($tab['url']) ? $tab['url'] : $menu_context['base_url'] . ';area=' . $menu_context['current_area'] . ';sa=' . $sa, $menu_context['extra_parameters'], isset($tab['add_params']) ? $tab['add_params'] : '', '"><span class="firstlevel">', $tab['label'], '</span></a>

SleePy

SleePy

I still can't replicate this.  Are you running the latest 2.1 from git or the beta?

wintstar

I can not confirm the bug from @tfs. In the error log  has this bug not reported with the latest version from SMF 2.1 *.