Topic solved
This topic is marked as solved and as such require no attention unless you want to bump this issue.

Success Confirmation

Started by Spoogs, May 31, 2011, 09:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spoogs

Much like changing you HD Profile preferences, changing the admin options should also display a nice success conformation. Far too many times I've looked away for a sec or even blinked :P and had to wonder if I already clicked the button... though the work around is simply just click again to be sure.

Change some options, click save, see success confirmation would be a nice little touch I think.

Gruffen

I'd note that virtually all of the SMF admin panel doesn't bother to provide you with such a notification (the rest, it's sort of implied by changing the page to somewhere).

Spoogs

Would you believe I never actually noticed that, but now that makes me wonder how long I've been clicking 2 or more times just to ensure my changes are saved before navigating elsewhere. And only now that you've pointed this out I realise the screen jumps back to the top after clicking save :P

Gruffen

SMF's admin panel is not designed to be approachable. It's functional, nothing more. SD's is similar, though slightly more organised, IMO.

Spoogs

Though I tend to adapt to what is available and make the best sense and use of it, I competely agree as to SMF... SD on the other hand has much logical and user friendly feel to its' ACP.

Gruffen

I know we tried to be logical about how things were approached in SD, and I get the impression it is more user friendly but I can't remain unbiased too easily because I'm too close to it.

We can certainly add in the notification on SD's admin panel, but yeah, I think it's going to live in Future because while it's not a huge change, it's big enough that I don't really have time to be mucking about with it right now unless I find 10 minutes spare and am bored :P

Spoogs

Intentionally marked future as I have no desire to add anything besides bugs to 2.0 unless it seems priority which this certainly isnt :P

Gruffen

*nods* Sounds like a good plan to me ;)

SleePy

Adding this is as simple as using the $_GET['save'] and assigning it to a context attributed ($context['is_config_saved']).  SMF does have basic save dialogs that we can implant.
Jeremy D — Spare-Developer

SleePy

Jeremy D — Spare-Developer