News:

Looking for a good read? Check out the SimpleDesk Team Blog.

Main Menu

Topic solved
This topic is marked as solved and as such require no attention unless you want to bump this issue.

Core feature doesn't display "Simple Desk" voice.

Started by -Volpe™., May 11, 2014, 11:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Volpe™.

Hi,

I've just installed SimpleDesk on my forum... All goes right...

When i go on my Core Feature it's show only:

Calendar
Advanced Profile Fields
Post Moderation
Paid Subscriptions
Report Generation
Warning System
Search Engine Tracking

But there is not the voice "Simple Desk"... i'm unable to activate it...

I'm sure that during installation i didn't receive any error... please help me  :-[

I don't know if it can help you, here is my ManageSettings.php

venguard223

That's impressive. You managed to install it on a version of SMF that's FAR too old for it to work.

The installer should have flat out told you it wouldn't work. In fact, the installer should have failed on multiple counts if you're really on SMF 2.0 RC1. It was built during RC2 and RC3 and makes use of features only in RC4 and RC5 onwards and only works properly on 2.0.0 through 2.0.7.

If you really are on 2.0 RC1 you need to upgrade as a matter of priority to fix the 50-odd known security issues in your version of SMF. (Between 2.0 RC1 and current, there's 2.0 RC1-1, 2.0 RC1.2, 2.0 RC2, 2.0 RC3, 2.0 RC4, 2.0 RC5, 2.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2, 2.0.3, 2.0.4, 2.0.5, 2.0.6 and currently 2.0.7)

-Volpe™.

I've SMF 2.0.7 version..

Here are some screens of my installation, i've tried to emulate it to 2.0.0 but nothing...

I've tried also without emulation but nothing...

venguard223

The file you sent here clearly says version 2.0 RC1. And honestly, I don't care what edits it did or didn't make. Not everything in SimpleDesk is done with edits, an awful lot of it is handled with hooks, which don't make edits.

The file you linked, ManageSettings.php does not have the hook facilities, so no, it won't work. There's no call to call_integration_hook, which means SimpleDesk won't appear. You will notice that on your list, there is no edit being made to ManageSettings.php - because no edit should be made.

Your ManageSettings.php is woefully out of date. It's probable other files are too. Try doing the version check in the admin panel, I suspect other files will report the same issue as ManageSettings.php will: that it's out of date.

-Volpe™.

Ok, the problem was the ManageSettings.php

Thanks for the help.