News:

Looking for a good read? Check out the SimpleDesk Team Blog.

Main Menu

OS upgrade issue, help :(

Started by dotpage, November 27, 2013, 05:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dotpage

I had SMF/SD running fine on a Lion server, then decided to upgrade to Mavericks, all went well, but SD...

I have PhpMyAdmin running now, but I can't locate the old db, and when I "repointed" the web server to the folder with the SMF/SF files, I get "Connection Problems / Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later."

On phpmyadmin, I have this db's:

information_schema    Check Privileges Check Privileges
    mysql    Check Privileges Check Privileges
    performance_schema    Check Privileges Check Privileges
    test    Check Privileges Check Privileges
Total: 4   

Using repair_settings.php, I get "Some settings are not being shown because the MySQL connection information is incorrect."

Any idea on where to start "reconnecting this? I have over 1100 active tickets and probably gonna get my rear end kicked hard if I can't rebuild this...

SleePy

Your database is missing from the upgrade.  I wouldn't know/trust how Apple handles their upgrades, so I would assume that upgrading to Mavericks updated MySQL and removed all instances of the old database files.  That table set is basically the defaults.  This isn't so to speak a SMF/SD issue, but a OS issue from the upgrade resulting in a database loss.

The only thing I could think of would be to recover from backups, export your database as a backup, redo the upgrade and reimport the backup if they are lost again.
Jeremy D — Spare-Developer