News:

Looking for a good read? Check out the SimpleDesk Team Blog.

Main Menu

Multiple Departments Membership different Roles

Started by ledude, July 29, 2013, 10:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ledude

Hi all.

Out of curiosity whether I could do this.  Say I have 2 users.  User1 and User 2.  3 Department, Department A, Department B and Department C. 

Is it possible to assign user1 to be Analyst for Department A but just a regular user for Department B and Dept C?
User2 to be regular user for Department A and Dept C but an Analyst of Dept B?

The purpose of this request is so that User1 Can only manage his/her Dept (which is Dept A) but can still open ticket assigning to Dept B and Dept C.  I hope this make sense.

Please advise?  Many thanks everyone...  ;D

venguard223

Sure you could, though you're going to have to do a little bit of legwork to do it.

For each department, you'll need separate groups for Analysts and Users, so Department 1 Analyst, Department 1 User etc.

You then need to define roles for these, so you define a user role in Department 1 which is attached to Department 1 User group.

Essentially what you're describing is doable but is not how I designed it to work, sorry.

ledude

As long as it is doable, I'm ok with the leg work.  You have done an amazing job and the least I can do for you is Thank you for all your help and hard work.  Many thanks for the information also Venguard...   :-)

venguard223

It should definitely be doable, even if it's a longer way around than would be desirable.

Let me know if you run into any problems.