News:

Looking for a good read? Check out the SimpleDesk Team Blog.

Main Menu

Topic solved
This topic is marked as solved and as such require no attention unless you want to bump this issue.

Success Confirmation

Started by Spoogs, May 31, 2011, 09:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spoogs

Much like changing you HD Profile preferences, changing the admin options should also display a nice success conformation. Far too many times I've looked away for a sec or even blinked :P and had to wonder if I already clicked the button... though the work around is simply just click again to be sure.

Change some options, click save, see success confirmation would be a nice little touch I think.

Gruffen

I'd note that virtually all of the SMF admin panel doesn't bother to provide you with such a notification (the rest, it's sort of implied by changing the page to somewhere).

Spoogs

Would you believe I never actually noticed that, but now that makes me wonder how long I've been clicking 2 or more times just to ensure my changes are saved before navigating elsewhere. And only now that you've pointed this out I realise the screen jumps back to the top after clicking save :P

Gruffen

SMF's admin panel is not designed to be approachable. It's functional, nothing more. SD's is similar, though slightly more organised, IMO.

Spoogs

Though I tend to adapt to what is available and make the best sense and use of it, I competely agree as to SMF... SD on the other hand has much logical and user friendly feel to its' ACP.

Gruffen

I know we tried to be logical about how things were approached in SD, and I get the impression it is more user friendly but I can't remain unbiased too easily because I'm too close to it.

We can certainly add in the notification on SD's admin panel, but yeah, I think it's going to live in Future because while it's not a huge change, it's big enough that I don't really have time to be mucking about with it right now unless I find 10 minutes spare and am bored :P

Spoogs

Intentionally marked future as I have no desire to add anything besides bugs to 2.0 unless it seems priority which this certainly isnt :P

Gruffen

*nods* Sounds like a good plan to me ;)

SleePy

Adding this is as simple as using the $_GET['save'] and assigning it to a context attributed ($context['is_config_saved']).  SMF does have basic save dialogs that we can implant.
Jeremy D — Spare-Developer

SleePy

Jeremy D — Spare-Developer