News:

Get the latest news and updates on SimpleDesk!

Main Menu

Show your desktop

Started by ~DS~, April 20, 2011, 04:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

Quote from: tfs on June 27, 2011, 07:52:14 PM
We need a new SimpleDesk desktop graphic.

Euw, we do. I can't believe I made that one o:

Quote from: SleePy on June 28, 2011, 11:17:47 PM
I should mention that it is much easier to change the login window on macs :P Windows can do it, but it seems like they only designed it for OEMs (again they forget about their end user).

It's simple enough I'd say, just download a program that changes it for you :P Now I don't know how Mac does it but still.

SleePy

Well for a mac either you replace the default image, or you run a simple command line option to change it.  You can also download software but where is the fun in that :P

I got windows to work though.  Had to do some regedit changes to get it to work.  Software didn't want to work :P  The method to change the login window is designed for OEMs to change it to do something like put their logo on it.

It needs to be simple thats it :P
Jeremy D — Spare-Developer

tfs

I still love this... and still use it.

If it were up to me, every kid in school would spend their first year of computer science at the command prompt... exclusively.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Gruffen

Do it properly with an animated GIF for the blinking cursor! :P

SleePy

Quote from: tfs on June 29, 2011, 06:31:34 PM
I still love this... and still use it.

If it were up to me, every kid in school would spend their first year of computer science at the command prompt... exclusively.

You would have a 98% fall out rate with 1 student of the 50 who is like me and goes, whats the problem :P.  The other 49 would be trying to use a mouse still and complaining about how long commands are.
Jeremy D — Spare-Developer

Acans

I used to have about 100 pictures from digital blasphemy going every 5 seconds on my old pc, but now that I'm using my dad's I keep it simple.

Would like a pic to go across both my monitors but I can't find a decent one as they are both different sizes. 1600x900/1440x900

Anton